Possible foot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy s

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So thought I was just getting my blood taken today ( 1st 3 month check after diagnosis),but health care assistant did my blood pressure and weight and then a foot check, i could feel her touching my left foot on the bottom but not the top of my foot! Right foot was OK. Is this odd I though any problems would me on the sole of my feet. I see the diabetic nurse next week for results! If I'm doing OK how much difference should I see in my hb1ac reading?

I have feet problems due to letting things get out of hand for years my biggest regret is not getting these sorted and actually wished what I know now could of saved me having numerous ops.

What are your typical blood sugars as these will be key as you don't want to get neuropathy and loss of sensation in feet.

My hba1c was 87 at diagnosis about months ago, I get my latest result next week. My sugars now read anywhere between 5.5 and7.5 creeping a little higher on occasion. I'm on empagliflozin too. I could feel the sole of my foot but not the top so much.

My hba1c was 87 at diagnosis about months ago, I get my latest result next week. My sugars now read anywhere between 5.5 and7.5 creeping a little higher on occasion. I'm on empagliflozin too. I could feel the sole of my foot but not the top so much.

Well hopefully if you keep at them levels your results will hopefully come back improved.

So thought I was just getting my blood taken today ( 1st 3 month check after diagnosis),but health care assistant did my blood pressure and weight and then a foot check, i could feel her touching my left foot on the bottom but not the top of my foot! Right foot was OK. Is this odd I thought any problems would me on the sole of my feet. I see the diabetic nurse next week for results! If I'm doing OK how much difference should I see in my hb1ac reading?
I have confirmed neuropathy and my nurse is always more worried re the sole of my foot as I can’t bend to check myself and spot early issues of wounds festering and changing etc though definitely keep following up as this is new.

• Care
Reactions: CMH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back