Posh frock had a trip out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb_l

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Never in my wildest dreams, this time last year, would I have expected to be wearing such a frock!!

Well, it turns out being diagnosed T2 diabetic can turn your life upside down, back to front and every which way but ultimately for the better, in my case.

Being left with a couple of long term diabetic complications (nothing life threatening but horrid all the same), I have definitely learnt my lesson. No food (even chocolate) is worth losing my sight or feet over :(

Thanks to the amazing advice from this forum, I've followed a low carb approach and found it quite easy. I do tend to stick to the same foods over and over again but I never was an adventurous cook!! I've also been swimming a lot which has helped but it's the food I'm eating that has contributed most. I'm just 4lb short of having lost 7 stones now (all in 2023) but this last 4lb has been a stubborn beggar. It's all fine, it will come off when it comes off - I'm happy as I am now. I will never be a size 10/12 but a size 16 is OK with me 😉

Hopefully I can be a bit of an inspiration to someone starting out on their journey. Keep logging on to this forum, it's fabulous. Keep motivated, it is sooooo worth it. Most important, if you have a bad DAY, don't let that day turn into a week and then back into a full time habit.

The Posh Frock (sorry I'm not smiling)
Deb3.jpg

The Old Me
Deb1.jpg

I want to give you lots of emojis like WOW because don't you look stunning (even without a smile 😉 ) and a heart because I love how amazingly well you have done and how much you try to encourage and inspire others just starting their journey and of course a gold star.... because you are and you have certainly earned it!
Many, many congratulations on your fabulous transformation! WELL DONE!

That's amazing @Deb_l . The before and after pictures say it all, so well done on what you've achieved and for sharing such an incredible result. Others starting out from where you once were will surely be motivated, now that they can see what's possible, if they put their mind to it.

I want to give you lots of emojis like WOW because don't you look stunning (even without a smile 😉 ) and a heart because I love how amazingly well you have done and how much you try to encourage and inspire others just starting their journey and of course a gold star.... because you are and you have certainly earned it!
Many, many congratulations on your fabulous transformation! WELL DONE!
Awww thank you. I can’t quite get my head round what’s happened this year and I have learned so much about my own health and wellbeing. It’s only taken me 54 years :rofl:

My GP and DB nurses have been so supportive but I truly believe I wouldn’t be anywhere without this forum. The advice and support is just second to none.

That's amazing @Deb_l . The before and after pictures say it all, so well done on what you've achieved and for sharing such an incredible result. Others starting out from where you once were will surely be motivated, now that they can see what's possible, if they put their mind to it.
Thank you. I really hope I can help to motivate someone else. I was a total food addict and used any excuse available to not address my out of control eating habits. If I can control this addiction, then hopefully other people can as well.

Nice frock! Like the necklace too, FWIW. Enough to set off the neckline and frame your face/hair and not distracting. Hope the occasion lived up to the dress!

Wow you look amazing in your posh frock, well done for taking control and losing the weight, this is a truly inspirational post.

Oh my, what a transformation, @Deb_l . Losing that much weight must make life in general so much better.

A friend of mine lost about the same amount, and went from someone really rather sedentary, to someone very regularly walking marathon length walks.

Wishing you well for the future. I'm hoping your beautiful posh frock will have many more outings. You and it deserve it.

Bravo.

Well done @Deb_l and I hope you had a wonderful evening in your posh frock.

Inspiring indeed! Well done you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back