Pop in foot - Nerve damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hre2stay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A couple of weeks ago I was playing football and I felt a pop in the ball of my foot.

It was so severe I couldn't walk.

I was told I had a fracture they gave me a moon boot.

Next day fracture clinic say no fracture and wear boot for 3 days. The pain was and still is unreal.

No real answers given to what it is or what had happened.

I did and it eased so I took the boot off. Had a foot massage at the weekend when it seemed to be on the mend. Walked outside same pain again but not as bad but still pretty bad. The top of my foot bruised quite badly.

Got over the weekend and played football because I was told no damage but I had also booked an appointment with the doctor. Same thing happened again playing football but I could move the pain around in the sole of my foot by manipulation and I kept running on it in real pain.

The doctor said I have torn a ligament in my foot and I need to rest it for 6 to 8 weeks. I asked is swimming okay so went swimming same thing again.

So frustrated now but noticed that my toes are tingling and are really painful but not just on the injured side the non injured side. A few years ago now I had had a nerve conduction test after losing the feeling in my toes. I was told to crack on without any real diagnosis but I'm sure it's neuropathy.

My question is has anyone else suffered with this pain. My toes are tingling so much. In the right side where the injury if that's what it is happened my two toes feel like they are dead but coming back to life like when you get pins and needles.

Has anyone experienced foot problems similar it sounds like it could be metatarsalgia or Morton's neuroma but the doctors seemingly don't want to know.

Also I didn't mention the tingly toes.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back