Poor fit for some needle brands on Novopen Echo (Insupen vs BD Microfine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise57

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
A new member here. I am just checking in to see if anyone else has had problems (or success) with different needles with the Novopen Echo.
For 3 years I have used BD Microfine Ultra needles 4mm which fitted firmly and decisively to this pen.
Now changed to Insupen Original 4mm which at least on this pen for me fits in a wobbly fashion, and I have noticed insulin leakage (with a consequent increase in my insulin requirement of about 8 units/day).

Insupen needles do state they are compatible with Novopen Echo (along with dozens of other pens). I wonder how well this has actually been tested, and if there are any other experiences out there. I am sure that particular pens work best with certain needles, and that the universal compatibility is less good than the manufacturers claim.
Thanks for any help or insights.

A new member here. I am just checking in to see if anyone else has had problems (or success) with different needles with the Novopen Echo.
For 3 years I have used BD Microfine Ultra needles 4mm which fitted firmly and decisively to this pen.
Now changed to Insupen Original 4mm which at least on this pen for me fits in a wobbly fashion, and I have noticed insulin leakage (with a consequent increase in my insulin requirement of about 8 units/day).

Insupen needles do state they are compatible with Novopen Echo (along with dozens of other pens). I wonder how well this has actually been tested, and if there are any other experiences out there. I am sure that particular pens work best with certain needles, and that the universal compatibility is less good than the manufacturers claim.
Thanks for any help or insights.
I recently had the problem, but I think it was the pen itself as I tried the same needle on another pen and it worked perfectly, it was a Lantus Pen and it was bubbling out, running down my stomach.

I currently have GlucoRx CarePoint Ultra needles and I have had one from my current box which did this with my Fiasp in my NovoPenEcho about 2 months ago, where the insulin was leaking out through the threads, but that is the only incident I have had in 5 years, so I don't see it as a problem.

If you have had repeated problems with these needles then you need to talk to your nurse about it and ask to have different needles prescribed and probably yellow card those needles too as they are not fit for purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back