poor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynne51

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all i was wondering if any of you can shed any light on this i have been controlling my bg since i was diagnosed in july 09 with diet and exercise i have lost just over 4 stone and am not planning on loseing any more but i cant seem to keep my bg up i have porridge for brecci bg before 4.8 1 hour 5.2 2hour after a walk and housework bg 4.4 lunch 2 slices wholemeal bread bertolli spread thin ham and salad 1 apple 2hours after 4.4 dinner salmon 2 new potatoes broccoli green beans 2hours 5.2 supper 1 fruit scone with bertolli 1 orange 2 hours 5.9 i know its not a big deal to what other people are going through but when it constantly goes down to between 3 and 4 i dont feel very good thanks to you all in advance. Lynne

Your target is between 4 and 7. Are you on any medication? Not sure what to advise except have a little more carb or a sweet treat to keep it up a little. The only other suggestion I can make is to talk to your medical team to see if they have any ideas.

Hi Lynne, nice to see you posting! Well done on the weight loss, that is a real achievement🙂

The levels you describe are pretty much what a non-diabetic person would see - very much within the normal range. If things are dropping below 4, try and work out if there is a pattern. Is is generally at a certain time of the day? If so, have a little snack to boost your levels - a piece of fruit or slice of toast/bread. Even non-diabetics can suffer from low blood sugar, although very rarely dangerously low, so you have to keep your energy levels up to meet your activity levels. Perhaps you are not getting sufficient calories each day - try and work out how many you normally consume, it should be around 1500-2000 per day.

Hi all i was wondering if any of you can shed any light on this i have been controlling my bg since i was diagnosed in july 09 with diet and exercise i have lost just over 4 stone and am not planning on loseing any more but i cant seem to keep my bg up i have porridge for brecci bg before 4.8 1 hour 5.2 2hour after a walk and housework bg 4.4 lunch 2 slices wholemeal bread bertolli spread thin ham and salad 1 apple 2hours after 4.4 dinner salmon 2 new potatoes broccoli green beans 2hours 5.2 supper 1 fruit scone with bertolli 1 orange 2 hours 5.9 i know its not a big deal to what other people are going through but when it constantly goes down to between 3 and 4 i dont feel very good thanks to you all in advance. Lynne

Dear lynne51,

I agree with Northerner, your levels are fantastic don't even begin to worry until your levels drop below 4.0mmol/L. Since you are not taking any diabetic meds your likelyhood of going hypo is extremely rare!

Warmest Regards Dodger

Hi Lynne, nice to see you posting! Well done on the weight loss, that is a real achievement🙂

The levels you describe are pretty much what a non-diabetic person would see - very much within the normal range. If things are dropping below 4, try and work out if there is a pattern. Is is generally at a certain time of the day? If so, have a little snack to boost your levels - a piece of fruit or slice of toast/bread. Even non-diabetics can suffer from low blood sugar, although very rarely dangerously low, so you have to keep your energy levels up to meet your activity levels. Perhaps you are not getting sufficient calories each day - try and work out how many you normally consume, it should be around 1500-2000 per day.

Thanks to you all i think northener you have hit the nail on the head i have about 1200 cals a day so i will try eating a little more and especially when im busy i think after being on a diet for 10 mnths and getting diagnosed with type2 half way through the diet and diabetes seem to get a little blurred if that makes sense but thank you all very much for your time i know i dont post often or give advice but i do visit every day love to you all Lynne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back