Podiatrists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I got fed up with waiting for a proper foot examination from my GP so have refe:confused:rred my self to the podiatry service. I am now waiting for the registration form.

Once I get an appointment, what can I expect? I know they will take a medical history and want to know who my GP is, but what is involoved withthe foot examination?

you will be asked to list the medications you take and have a vascular and nerrological assessment to aid treament and or diagnosis ,they will go through a treatment plan with you as well, sorry thats all i know others will probs give you a more detailed answer x

yeah they check the pulses in your feet, test sensation (as in feeling sharp and sblunt) and check for any problems with nails and skin etc 🙂 it is really quick mine only took about 25 mins to do.

depends who you get! last time I went she told me off because my nurse hadn't done an examination first. The practice diabetes nurse is supposed to do the basic checks for most people and only refer pateints on who have problems that need a podiatorist.

they should check pulses (manually and maybe with a dopplar), check for sensation by using a small plastic filament, check to see if you can feel the difference between pain and pressure.

never had a problem with anything like that. but all my care is under the same team so i guess that helps.

Thanks everyone. At least now I will get at least one proper foot check.

My form finally arrived this morning for my podiatry registration. They said they posted it before, so either they didn't or it got lost in the post.:D

mine have also taken to giving advice about which creams etc to use and are only to happy to show you how to rub them in properly

My form finally arrived this morning for my podiatry registration. They said they posted it before, so either they didn't or it got lost in the post.:D

I waited about two months after sending in the registration form before getting an actual appointment. :(

I waited about two months after sending in the registration form before getting an actual appointment. :(

At my doctors current rate it will be another 3 or 4 years before he even reccomends me so two months aint so long....

wow i was in seeing them in a matter of 3 weeks give or take a few days!!!!!

I shall be happy to be seen at all. And infact I am going to encourage others to get registered withthe podiatrist if they are not already. I like having feet, i like to be able to walk and kick a ball about and splashe withthem when I go swimming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back