Pneumonia Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klocky

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I had my flu jab last week and whilst there the nurse gave me a leaflet about the pneumonia job - I didnt actually find it very informative. However, my questions are, has anybody else had the pneumonia jab, did you have any side effects and would you recommend that I have it?

Thanks

I have never had any side effects from a flu jab excpet for the area rounfd the jab site being itchy for a day or two.

Since every cold or sniffle I get goes to a chest infection, I would certainly reccomend a flu jab, but it is a personal call on my part.

Thanks Caroline, I probably didnt make myself very clear, I did have the flu jab with no problems at all, its the pneumonia jab I was querying.

Hi Klocky i have had the pneumonia jab after it i was a little lathargic but that was the only side effect for me, id reccommend you have it in my opinion if your offered it take it thats anything not just the pneumonia jab diabetes wise anyways 🙂

Thanks Caroline, I probably didnt make myself very clear, I did have the flu jab with no problems at all, its the pneumonia jab I was querying.

Think I misread what you said too.

I've had both (flu & pneumonia) on the same day a couple of times and not suffered any ill effects at all.

Poss dull ache in injection site for a while but certainly nothing that would put me off.

Rob

I had both jabs done at the same time last week. Now a bit sniffly but surrounded by people with colds so not surprised.

One arm ached for a few days but I didn't know which arm got which jab!

Same has happened to me - been given the info sheet out the box - but writing is so small. I am having mine when back for check in November. Had flu jab and no issues

I've been offered a pneumonia jab that I will have, due to my ability to pick up most infections going (apart from colds, touch wood) which usually make me go really bad. I'm going to see my practice nurse soon so I'll have it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back