Pneumococcal injections

Status
Not open for further replies.

lirikin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi ,I have been diagnosed with T2 a couple of months and I am getting adverts in Facebook about these injections because it states I am at more risk of catching it Can anyone give me more information about it and if you have had the injection and what are the risks,thank you

Much like the ordinary flu jab quite honestly - to try and stop us lot getting pneumonia - and pretty routine without diabetes as we get older anyway. I've had it twice since I swear I had one before I moved here from my previous town and county, but new GP here said not according to the records previous GP surgery had sent over to them - so asked me to have another to which I said OK since no bad effects from the first one or the second. All people with diabetes got annual flu jabs as soon as they were authorised for the normal population of the country so been having them for decades by now - except one year when I couldn't be bothered - and had flu all over Xmas and New Year. OMG - I felt SO ill - and needed to have a whole fortnight off work!! - so I never advise anyone to miss theirs. Pneumococcal and flu vaccines are 'dead' ones so you can't catch pneumonia or flu from them.

Much like the ordinary flu jab quite honestly - to try and stop us lot getting pneumonia - and pretty routine without diabetes as we get older anyway. I've had it twice since I swear I had one before I moved here from my previous town and county, but new GP here said not according to the records previous GP surgery had sent over to them - so asked me to have another to which I said OK since no bad effects from the first one or the second. All people with diabetes got annual flu jabs as soon as they were authorised for the normal population of the country so been having them for decades by now - except one year when I couldn't be bothered - and had flu all over Xmas and New Year. OMG - I felt SO ill - and needed to have a whole fortnight off work!! - so I never advise anyone to miss theirs. Pneumococcal and flu vaccines are 'dead' ones so you can't catch pneumonia or flu from them.
Thank you for the response,I appreciate it very much

It was one of the things done the first time I saw the nurse at the GP surgery after diagnosis. For most people it is just once in a lifetime, a few people are offered it more frequently. Ask at your surgery.

It was one of the things done the first time I saw the nurse at the GP surgery after diagnosis. For most people it is just once in a lifetime, a few people are offered it more frequently. Ask at your surgery.
Thank you for responding ,it's appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back