Plumbers 'should report cold homes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Plumbers and heating engineers should join with GPs and care staff in tackling problems caused by cold homes, health experts say.

There are about 24,000 excess winter deaths a year, while many more people are made ill by living in cold homes.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) says each council area should establish teams to help people access grants and advice.

Professionals who carry out home visits could then refer those at risk.

NICE says this would have to be done with the agreement of the people judged as needing help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31728729

I think my plumber must have reported me as I am continually getting phone calls telling me how to get loft insulation and a new boiler.

The world has gone mad - how is this supposed to work. Surely people who are 'at risk' cannot afford proper heating and thus cannot afford a plumber either! Maybe GCHQ could monitor everyone's bank account and see how much we spend on heating!

I think my plumber must have reported me as I am continually getting phone calls telling me how to get loft insulation and a new boiler.

The world has gone mad - how is this supposed to work. Surely people who are 'at risk' cannot afford proper heating and thus cannot afford a plumber either! Maybe GCHQ could monitor everyone's bank account and see how much we spend on heating!

Good point Vic! My house is cold because I can't afford a plumber to fix the 30 year old central heating! 😱

Have they thought about if there is NO gas supply & Elec only 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back