Pleased with myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I went on a 1 week self catering holiday with my wife to Llandudno, I tried my very best to eat low carb but I had a few treats whilst on holiday ( 2 fish & chip dinners with extra side of chips, 1 cooked veggie fry up with a slice of bloomer bread also included baked beans and a hash brown, 1 chicken casserole with potatoes, 1 round of cheese sarnies, 4 or 5 apples) had'nt been on the bathroom scales for 2 weeks following the holiday but found that I had lost 2lbs, I was surprised at what the scales showed because I still felt podgy

I went on a 1 week self catering holiday with my wife to Llandudno, I tried my very best to eat low carb but I had a few treats whilst on holiday ( 2 fish & chip dinners with extra side of chips, 1 cooked veggie fry up with a slice of bloomer bread also included baked beans and a hash brown, 1 chicken casserole with potatoes, 1 round of cheese sarnies, 4 or 5 apples) had'nt been on the bathroom scales for 2 weeks following the holiday but found that I had lost 2lbs, I was surprised at what the scales showed because I still felt podgy
Even though you lost weight it could be a bit of fluid retention that is making you feel podgy. You probably did a bit more exercise than usual. The extra carbs can make the body hang on to fluids.
I remember Llandudno from visits as a kid and it was a bit tatty then but we stayed there a few years ago and it was really nice and lots of places to visit around there. We got stuck on top of Snowdon for nearly 3 hours as it was too windy for the train to set off back. Couldn't see a thing as we were in the cloud.

Nah, it's the Great Orme in Llandudno, isn't it? 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back