Please tell me it's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was cutting my toenails about 5 minutes ago and noticed my little toe on my left foot has a black nail, i did kick my toe against the wall last night and it was bare so could it be just a bruise?

Cheers

I was cutting my toenails about 5 minutes ago and noticed my little toe on my left foot has a black nail, i did kick my toe against the wall last night and it was bare so could it be just a bruise?

Cheers

Hi Steffie, I think it should be OK, but keep a close eye on it and also your sugar levels - higher than normal might mean an infection.

It will be blood that's been trapped behind the nail and dried, it will disappear as your nail grows out.

thanks

Thanks guys as usual made me feet better,so far bloods have not been nothing out of the ordinary Alan x

I am sure your toe will be fine, apart from nerve damage the next concern with the feet is the healing time, as long as your sugar levels are normal any injury should heal as normal.........

I take it you walk about bare foot most of the time?

I am sure your toe will be fine, apart from nerve damage the next concern with the feet is the healing time, as long as your sugar levels are normal any injury should heal as normal.........

I take it you walk about bare foot most of the time?

No no not at all I had just got out of the bath boi.

No no not at all I had just got out of the bath boi.

thats good news.........i had two black big toes nails before, control was terrible, took a year for them to fall off......and there was no reason for the bruising......strange...:confused:

Hope your toes better soon🙂

thats good news.........i had two black big toes nails before, control was terrible, took a year for them to fall off......and there was no reason for the bruising......strange...:confused:

sometimes ive thought i had blackened toenails but the dummy that i am didnt realise it was sock fluff 🙄

sometimes ive thought i had blackened toenails but the dummy that i am didnt realise it was sock fluff 🙄

its a blood blister leave well alone ..no picking even as it drys out xxx poor hun i hate doing that !

thanks am and sheleigh x dont look as bad this morning

Hi Steffie glad to hear that your toe is beginning to look better this morning, hope it improves more during the day

Hi Steffie,

Glad your toe is looking better! 🙂 If it makes you feel better, I once did a 50 mile route march with the wrong size boots on (for once I'd gone against gut instinct & followed the advice to get a pair a size bigger...only forgot that I'm only 6 borderline 7 as it is so they were nearer 2 sizes big!). My heels were shredded & because my feet had slipped in the boots especially downhill, over the weeks following the march every single toenail turned black & dropped off! 😱 Thank heavens the all grew back, looking normal! Phew!! :D I'm careful to make sure shoes/boots fit properly now lol! 😱

Hi Steffie,

Glad your toe is looking better! 🙂 If it makes you feel better, I once did a 50 mile route march with the wrong size boots on (for once I'd gone against gut instinct & followed the advice to get a pair a size bigger...only forgot that I'm only 6 borderline 7 as it is so they were nearer 2 sizes big!). My heels were shredded & because my feet had slipped in the boots especially downhill, over the weeks following the march every single toenail turned black & dropped off! Thank heavens the all grew back, looking normal! Phew!! :D I'm careful to make sure shoes/boots fit properly now lol!

OUCH poor you twitchy im so pleased its all ok now hun x:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back