Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisaa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So last few months had some family issues and I have neglected my diabetes I am on insulin and statins hbac1 done this week 74 ! Eek but over last few weeks gurgling stomach then need toilet no runs but softer than normal (sorry) and going 3 -4 times a day I used to be just once a day rang doctors when it started just advise keep your eye on it now it’s getting to me so rang but no appointment until next Friday not looking for diagnosis just does anyone else suffer like this

Sorry your having a tough time. How long have you been on statins? Just wondered if it’s a new thing as these can have side effects. Also if the family issues have caused a lot of stress this can also effect your digestive system. Hope your feeling better soon xx

Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles @Lisaa

Occasionally I go through periods of ‘softer’, and these can be linked to stress, or other life circumstances.

I have found that using a soluble fibre supplement (mixture of psyllium husk and chia seeds) in a glass of water (I flavour it with ACV and balsamic vinegar and a splash of diet cola because I am weird 🙄 ) has worked wonders for regulating my lower digestive system and it has never been so consistently good as it is now... for the last couple of years. Hope there is nothing untoward and you find something that works for you.

You might find that LIVE yoghurt with the cocktail of bacterial cultures would help settle your gut flora as well as making sure your blood glucose is not going too high.

Could I possibly have your recipe for your morning drink rebrascora? I have the ingredients (psyllium husk and chia seeds) but am not sure how much of each to use.

Could I possibly have your recipe for your morning drink rebrascora? I have the ingredients (psyllium husk and chia seeds) but am not sure how much of each to use.
I have about 10mls of psyllium with about 5mls of chia seeds in a large glass of water. I would say I also use about 10mls of ACV and 10mls of balsamic and about an inch of diet cola if you want the full tally of what goes into it and want to be as weird as me!. I give it a good stir, leave it for 5 mins so that the fibre starts to absorb the water and go gloopy, give it another good stir and drink it down and then have another half glass of water to rinse out the glass of any fibre stuck to the sides. It is an acquired taste o_O

Thank you for the detailed recipe! I reckon 5 ml of chia seeds is about a teaspoonful. I'm going to give it a try although probably without the cola!
And many thanks for your numerous and helpful posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back