Please could someone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophbonnie

hi, i am and 18 year old girl and for the past year or so i have been suffering with a variety of different symptoms. The main being i feel myself drop and go tired very easily and start to shake if i have not eaten in a few hours or so or food containing sugar. My heart rate rises and i become flushed and very shaken. Furthermore, i have aquired an unquenchable thirst and an exceptional dry mouth with it. Along with this i do get tingling in my hands and legs, but mainly in the legs, but i am unsure whether this is due to a back problem which i have recently had an MRI for. I do get very tired and feel very weak like i have no energy and do tend to fall asleep after very little exertion sometimes. Please could someone tell me whether there is a trace of diabetes symptoms in what ive said or whether it could be something else.

Thankyou very much.

hi amd welcome to the forum ...have you had your BS checked by doc?? you are showing symptoms from what i am aware ...and so i would mention it X good luck x

Hi sophbonnie,

My advice would be to get to see your GP fairly quickly about these symptoms rather than asking for advice on forums such as this.

Good luck and best wishes - John

Hi Sophbonnie

Tiredness and extreme thirst are a couple of potential symptoms of diabetes, but similarly could indicate other things as well. In someone with diabetes the shakiness when not eating could suggest a hypo, but that would be unlikely if you had undiagnosed diabetes as hypos are generally a side effect of diabetes medication rather than diabetes itself (although non diabetics can experience hypos too).

The main thing is you're worried about you're symptoms so it's worth getting check out. In the first instance it would just involve a simple finger prick blood test which you're GP could do, a lot of pharmacies also offer free diabetes test now too.

Hi, and welcome to the forum You certainly do sound as thought you have some of the symptoms of diabetes, so I think you should see your doctor as soon as you can for some simple tests to clear it up. Please let us know how things go, and I hope that ther results are something far more simple. Don't delay though, as Type 1 diabetes (more common in people of your age) can become serious very quickly - make thge call tomorrow and ask for an early appointment.

Hi, to AM64 no i havent, i wasnt sure whether it would be anything to check out for, but thankyou all for your advice. I will definetley go see my GP. Thanks again 🙂

as amyes said hypos are a result of the insulin injected ...so it might be nothing to do with the D however hunni get to see gp and have it all checked out xx good luck and let us know how you get on x🙂

Hi Sophbonnie, just to followup on what everyone else has said, please get yourself checked out tomorrow if you can. Better to be safe than sorry. The doctor can do some simple checks there and then.

Sophie hope you get through to the docs, but some doctors surgery aren't so hot so I would urge you to be forceful that you NEED to see someone, maybe go down there in person or ask if you can go to the hospital to see someone??

Good luck

Rossi 🙂

as amyes said hypos are a result of the insulin injected ...

Hey Am,

Just to point out that you're wrong there. A non diabetic can hypo and the reasons behind this can include things such as not eating or heavy exercise.

Tom

Hey Am,

Just to point out that you're wrong there. A non diabetic can hypo and the reasons behind this can include things such as not eating or heavy exercise.

Tom

soz tom 😱...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back