Please can somebody advise me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMZ110483

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hello all, I was wondering if I could have some advice please. For a long time I’ve been having the shakes and having low blood sugars (monitor given to me by docs) and had sugars as low as 2.3. When this was low I was getting extreme shakes and felt really sleepy. The doctor gave me the monitor after me informing them of my symptoms and the when I went back to them on a few occasions they asked why I was measuring my blood sugars! Anyway within a two week period I had 6 boils down below and they were quite large ones as well. I also experience extreme thirst and cannot even go 5 minutes without a drink. I’m peeing like a racehorse as well. I don’t have any infections and all my blood tests for diabetes have been normal not even pre diabetes. Can anybody advise please as I’m at a loss. Thank you.

Welcome @EMZ110483 Sorry to hear you’re having issues. When you had the blood glucose tester, did you get any higher sugars as well as the lows? How often and when did you test?

Are you overweight? Do you have a family history of Type 2? What were your HbA1C results?

Hello, many thanks js for your reply. I am obese and now awaiting weight loss surgery. My mum had diabetes type 2 and my sister recently was diagnosed. My hba1c level came back at 5.6% and this result also Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 38 mmol/mol [20.0 - 41.0]. I’ve addressed this with the doctors so many times and haven’t got anywhere with it.

Did you get any high sugars when you tested at home?

Sometimes the body can react too late to high sugars and when it does react it overcompensates by producing too much insulin. This can then cause too low blood sugars.

You’d see a suggestion of this if you tested frequently when you had the meter, particularly before you ate and at intervals afterwards. If you were only going slightly too high and then dropping too low, that could give a normal HbA1C because the lows and highs would average out as normal, if that makes sense?

If you no longer have the glucose meter, you could ask for another HbA1c depending on how long ago your last one was, and/or you could get a glucose meter and test systematically to try to see if you are going high, overproducing insulin and then dropping low.

In the meantime, you might find reducing the amount of carbs you eat helps because that would reduce any spike in blood sugar and subsequent lows.

Welcome @EMZ110483 Sorry to hear you’re having issues. When you had the blood glucose tester, did you get any higher sugars as well as the lows? How often and when did you test?

Are you overweight? Do you have a family history of Type 2? What were your HbA1C results?
Hello, never high always on the lower side. Used to
Just rest when I had symptoms. I am obese. And my hba1c levels were 38 and Haemoglobin A1c level 5.6 %

HbA1C and haemoglobin A1C are the same thing. 5.6 is old units, 38 is the new units of measurement 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back