Please can I have some feedback on these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
14/9
9:49am before breakfast 4.6 - 36g of carbs - 4.0 units humalog food
6:46am waking 5.1 - 17 units of tresiba

13/9
23:30pm bedtime 5.8 - hypo check - within range but below 8mmol so had 4 rich tea biscuits
23:09pm bedtime 3.6 - had 150ml can of non-diet coca-cola
19:16pm before tea 5.8 - 61g of carbs - 6.0 units of insulin
14:16pm before lunch 10.5 - 49g of carbs - 4.5 units humalog food - 1.5 units humalog correction
9:23am before breakfast 6.5 - 36g of carbs - 4.5 units humalog food
8:05am waking 5.2 - 17 units tresiba

12/9
22:40pm bedtime 4.9 - had 3 rich tea biscuits
18:53pm before tea 7.1 - 66g of carbs - 7.0 units humalog food
13:55pm before lunch 7.5 - 49g of carbs - 4.5 units humalog food - 0.5 units humalog correction
8:59am before breakfast 7.8 - 36g of carbs - 4.5 units humalog food - 0.5 units humalog correction
7:24am waking 7.7 - 17 units tresiba

11/9
00:25am bedtime 4.4 - had 3 rich tea biscuits
19:30pm before tea 8.7 - 85g carbs - 8.5 units humalog food - 0.5 units humalog correction
14:09pm before lunch 5.4 - 61g of carbs - 5.5 units humalog food
10:00am before breakfast 7.7 - 36g of carbs - 4.5 units humalog food - 0.5 units humalog correction
8:09am waking 5.8 - 17 units tresiba

10/9
23:29pm bedtime 4.6 - had 3 rich tea biscuits
19:50 - re-entered test result from before tea - had 95g of carbs for tea but told Insulin advisor 80g of units - 8.0 units humalog food
19:27pm before tea 7.2 - 15 minute hypo check
19:07pm before tea 3.3 - had 150ml can of non-diet coca-cola
13:45pm before lunch 10.0 - 44g carbs - 4.5 units humalog food - 1.0 unit humalog correction
9:36am before breakfast 6.4 - 22g of carbs - 2.5 units humalog food
7:29am waking 4.3 - 17 units tresiba

They’re basically fine. Is there a reason you do your tresiba before you have breakfast? You could do it at the same time as you eat so you have one fewer thing to remember at another point in the day. It would mean you could drop one finger prick too and only do it first thing if you feel hypo. Do you want to snack before bed? If not I would drop your dinner bolus a bit so you’re not quite so low at bedtime. If you want to snack though it’s fine.

Thank you so much for your feedback.
They’re basically fine. Is there a reason you do your tresiba before you have breakfast?
I do the tresiba when I do my waking test then as you can see from the times I have my breakfast a little later.

You could do it at the same time as you eat so you have one fewer thing to remember at another point in the day. It would mean you could drop one finger prick too and only do it first thing if you feel hypo.
How could I drop one finger prick? I usually do a waking test then breakfast a bit later when I've woken up a bit more or when I feel ready to have breakfast.

Do you want to snack before bed? If not I would drop your dinner bolus a bit so you’re not quite so low at bedtime. If you want to snack though it’s fine.
I must admit I do love do have a little snack before bed.
I've wondered whether to drop the dinner bolus a bit.

You don’t HAVE to finger prick when you wake up so you could just move your tresiba to breakfast and not finger prick when you wake up (you don’t need to finger prick for tresiba anyway). It depends a bit on how hypo aware you are and how active you are before you get to breakfast (like if you shower before breakfast etc then it might make sense to keep that finger prick if you know that that’s likely to drop you a bit).
It may be worth dropping your dinner bolus a little bit and see what happens. If you’re nearer 8 at bedtime you then just have some insulin with your snack (you’re around 4 hours after your dinner insulin so that will be out of your system and not stacking any insulin).

Basically your numbers are fine and you could just do nothing different. Your tresiba seems to be at a good level. There will always be some highs and some lows and even if you have all the ratios really accurate for your body on a normal day there will be days where it just doesn’t add up. Always keep in mind whether lots of data management makes you anxious or makes you feel confident. Lots of micro managing and changing things every couple of weeks isn’t generally necessary (even with a growing child we don’t tend to do changes more frequently than 6-8 weeks).

Or you could finger prick when you wake up and not finger prick again before breakfast. If you are in range when you wake up and don’t generally rise much before breakfast then the extra test before breakfast isn’t serving any purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back