Plant based diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello People,
This is my first time posting. I am a pre-diabetic and was shocked to learn my score was 47 in July. Galvanised into action I got it down to 40 within two months. Another test was done and whilst doing nothing different it went to 41. I have been doing time restricted eating and following Michael Mosely's Blood Sugar Diet which advocates cutting out most Carbs and eating Proteins and full fat yoghourts etc. I am now confused because all that Mosely suggests is the opposite to what I have learnt
when I listened to a week's worth of presentations from the US on a 'Blood Sugar Summit' - various American doctors, nutritionists, dieticians were promoting a plant based diet, eating fruits and cutting out animal fats, which they say can reverse diabetes type 2 and pre diabetes. Are any of you familiar with this?

Welcome to the forum @Pearl

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but great to hear you have started with a significant course of action.

Yoir confusion is completely understandable! I think it springs from the fact that there isn’t one single approach that would work for everyone - and more importantly appeal to everyone.

There are lots of different members on the forum who have built their own ‘way of eating’ that suits their diabetes, or has helped to move it towards remission.

Some have focussed on weight loss, aiming to lose visceral fat around organs improving their function.

Others have focussed more on glucose regulation and opted for a moderate or low carb approach, or simply used a BG meter to examine their individual reaction to different meals and tailor portion sizes and carb choices to get a ‘low spike’ menu.

There are a number of meal plan options and approaches here which might give you ideas

Good luck. Let us know how you get on, and which approaches are the most effective and workable for you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back