Planet organic

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Good morning all,
I’ve found a really good company called planet organic that do an excellent range of low carb and I mean seriously low carb foods, particularly breads , brownies and little treats. The great thing about them is they don’t seem to have any artificial sweeteners and are not low cal which is great for me. Not the cheapest though. I’ve just had my haul delivered this morning and just had a slice of brownie that tastes exactly like a brownie with only 1.5g carbs ! Have a look, see what you think

So this is what I got, the brownie loaf is amazing, just had a nibble of the caramel slice which is unusual but definitely not unpleasant and quite rich, those hazelnut pralines are really delicious and chocolaty . Will be working my way through them and I will keep you posted, hopefully my BS doesn’t react too badly to them and I stay off the toilet :rofl:

Attachments

• 0EE59424-EBC6-43AE-ABD4-CBE54594A1AC.jpeg
    0EE59424-EBC6-43AE-ABD4-CBE54594A1AC.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 13
Good morning all,
I’ve found a really good company called planet organic that do an excellent range of low carb and I mean seriously low carb foods, particularly breads , brownies and little treats. The great thing about them is they don’t seem to have any artificial sweeteners and are not low cal which is great for me. Not the cheapest though. I’ve just had my haul delivered this morning and just had a slice of brownie that tastes exactly like a brownie with only 1.5g carbs ! Have a look, see what you think
Hi
You can make most of that sutff at a fraction of the cost and also know exactly what you're putting into it 🙂
I find these companies #ripoffs - my own opinion lol :rofl:

Hi
You can make most of that sutff at a fraction of the cost and also know exactly what you're putting into it 🙂
I find these companies #ripoffs - my own opinion lol :rofl:
Well I have tried because I am actually quite a good baker. Its the sweeteners for me, most recipes I’ve seen have lot of them and I just can’t tolerate them. I haven’t baked one thing without a sweetener that hasn’t gone straight in the bin

Well I have tried because I am actually quite a good baker. Its the sweeteners for me, most recipes I’ve seen have lot of them and I just can’t tolerate them. I haven’t baked one thing without a sweetener that hasn’t gone straight in the bin
Whatever sweetner she suggests, I always at least half it 🙂 I also hate the taste of sweetener.
I have tried a few different ones but think this is the best one so far - Erythritol

I was put off baking - and wasted a lot of ingredients before I realised that the recipes included far too much sweetener, because that is the 'normal' level of sweetness.
These days I try a recipe without any sweetener at all to start off with.

oh i thought the brownie looked tempting, but i couldn't find the ingredients list, it's probably staring me right in the face :rofl:
how's your tummy after the brownie experience? do hope it's better now!

oh i thought the brownie looked tempting, but i couldn't find the ingredients list, it's probably staring me right in the face :rofl:
how's your tummy after the brownie experience? do hope it's better now!
You know what , I think I’ve narrowed it down to chicory root or inulin it’s in a lot of low carb foods, including the brownie unfortunately.

ahh yes i think chicory root extract is a bit upsetting with me, although i get on alright with one small weak cup of chicory coffee, definitely not two cups 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back