PIP

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
As part of an application for PIP (from DLA) . I mentioned problems in preparing a meal 1 a thumb injury 2 an unusual form of diabetes. This section got 0 point.
Has anyone else had experiences of PIP forms?
In addition I am severely to partially deaf with Hearing Dog. I was given a farcecal telephone assessment with husband trying to convey the questions. If any severely deaf, deaf but speaking person has had such an experience please contact your Citizens Advice Bureau. Report this and ask them to send the report onward. CAB are collating these as a possible breach of Equality Act

They absolutely should have offered face to face appointment given that. I have had some experience (one teenager transitioned from DLA but had to appeal as they turned down initially after a very farcical PIP telephone interview with no warning, when I was ill with COVID, and rejected again on mandatory reconsideration, they then decided to ring and make an offer rather than go to tribunal when they read the appeal; my other teenager is currently transitioning and we have just had PIP telephone appointment which I think was better for them to cope with than an assessment centre so unsure how that will play out as yet). They seem in my experience very reluctant to give points for difficulty preparing meals or eating but you may get further at appeal stage if you have already done mandatory reconsideration, or they may just give you points in other sections

As part of an application for PIP (from DLA) . I mentioned problems in preparing a meal 1 a thumb injury 2 an unusual form of diabetes. This section got 0 point.
Has anyone else had experiences of PIP forms?
In addition I am severely to partially deaf with Hearing Dog. I was given a farcecal telephone assessment with husband trying to convey the questions. If any severely deaf, deaf but speaking person has had such an experience please contact your Citizens Advice Bureau. Report this and ask them to send the report onward. CAB are collating these as a possible breach of Equality Act
Did you ask for the assessor's report? If not then Ask for it read it and if in time appeal the decision if you think it's incorrect or misleading.
You will see on the report what you were given points for.
If out of time apply again and ask for help to fill in the form using dwp speak.
You have to score 10 points for standard care and 12 points for enhanced rate. Same applies for mobility.

If within a year you can try an out of time request for Mandatory Reconsideration/Appeal as long as you can give a reason why the request is late. If successful then they backdate as if submitted on time

Back