pip code? anyone know

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicHedgehog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, i need the pip code for the junior star sanofi (half unit lantus pen) does any one know it? i have been googling for ages and still can't find it, wondered if DUK might know.

i'm having a pump holiday soon due to scar tissue but i don't have a pen for my lantus. and i'm super insulin sensitive so half unit is needed. and i can guarantee that someone will kick up a stink about me having one so want to go to docs armed with a pip code.

Thanks 🙂

@Robin uses one I think, though I'm not sure she knows the PIP code.

Hi all, i need the pip code for the junior star sanofi (half unit lantus pen) does any one know it? i have been googling for ages and still can't find it, wondered if DUK might know.

i'm having a pump holiday soon due to scar tissue but i don't have a pen for my lantus. and i'm super insulin sensitive so half unit is needed. and i can guarantee that someone will kick up a stink about me having one so want to go to docs armed with a pip code.

Thanks 🙂
@Robin uses one I think, though I'm not sure she knows the PIP code.
Yes, I used one when I was on Lantus, (but don't any more now I've swapped to Levemir.)
I acquired my pen by phoning Sanofi direct and asking them if they'd send me one (bearing in mind they'd presumably quite like me to keep boosting their profits by using their insulin!). They sent me one free of charge, no quibbles.

(I took the direct approach because my GP surgery doesn't have a good track record in managing to get me the correct pens)

I've just looked on the box my pen came in, and there's a contact number.
0800 035 2525
In case you decided to go down this route ( or ring and ask them what the **** PIP code is! I didn't have this problem when I was looking for the Novopen pip code for my Levemir recently!)

I just asked my GP for a Juniorstar pen for my Lantus and she gave me a prescription after looking on her list of prescribable things! She did prescribe a blue one though but as my Novorapid pen is blue, the pharmacists kindly ordered me a red one!
My prescription says
'JuniorSTAR hypodermic insulin injection pen reusable for 3ml cartridge 0.5 dial up / range 1-30 units Blue (Sanofi)'

thanks all, i will try what you have suggested 🙂 hopefully i will get one from somewhere lol 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back