Pioglitazone

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi, just back from holiday (yes, thank you it was nice but not as much sunshine in the Med as I'd hoped !). My HbA1c test before I went away showed a slight increase from 7.4 three months ago to 7.6 this time. Dr has put me on additional meds (usually just metformin and gliclazide) of this Pioglitzone to try and get me down under the 7s before we go onto anything "more invasive".

Has anyone else got this mixture of meds and any comments on the extra drug (apart from "oh no, not more meds").

It was mentioned as a possibility for me, but one of its predecessors put women at risk of fractures (brittle bones?) and since I'm at that awkward age they've decided against it for now.

It was mentioned as a possibility for me, but one of its predecessors put women at risk of fractures (brittle bones?) and since I'm at that awkward age they've decided against it for now.

Yes I saw that on the warnings with the pills leaflet. I'm 63 so suppose, from now on, I'm liable to be an osteoporosis risk anyway !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back