Pins and needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just wanted to ask you lovely lot do any of you suffer with pins and needles.I tend to have them upon waking on a morning in my fingertips and it takes a good half the morning before they dissapear, it never bothered me until this morning when i realised it had been the last 5 mornings this had occured.Can anyone suggest any reasoning behind this please?

Cheers

If I have laid or slept awkwardly I get pins and needles in the morning. Takes ages for them to go away too.

Just wanted to ask you lovely lot do any of you suffer with pins and needles.I tend to have them upon waking on a morning in my fingertips and it takes a good half the morning before they dissapear, it never bothered me until this morning when i realised it had been the last 5 mornings this had occured.Can anyone suggest any reasoning behind this please?

Cheers

Hi Steff ...

Is it both finger tips you have pins and needles in? ... It could possibly carpol tunnel ... where pressure is put on a nerve .. women usually suffer with it as a result of carrying heavy bags .... other things can trigger it.

Heidi
xx:D

Hi Steff ...

Is it both finger tips you have pins and needles in? ... It could possibly carpol tunnel ... where pressure is put on a nerve .. women usually suffer with it as a result of carrying heavy bags .... other things can trigger it.

Heidi
xx:D

Ws just about to edit my post hun and say it only occurs in my writing hand which is my left hand, the carrying bags would definetly be me at least 4 days a week i carry 3-4 bags home from my supermarket.

I sometimes wake up with a numb hand and it can take ages to get back to normal. Its on the side where my OH sleeps so I think sometimes he has been lying on my arm during the night.

Ws just about to edit my post hun and say it only occurs in my writing hand which is my left hand, the carrying bags would definetly be me at least 4 days a week i carry 3-4 bags home from my supermarket.

May also be RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) hun ...

Heidi
xx🙂

Steff - if you think its down to shopping bags could you get a shopping trolley. It would be easier on you.

Steff - if you think its down to shopping bags could you get a shopping trolley. It would be easier on you.

I cant they have started this thing where they is a red line zone and if you go over that theres something in the trolley wheel that then locks the trolley still, I think its because Tesco where sick of people pinching there trollies.

I cant they have started this thing where they is a red line zone and if you go over that theres something in the trolley wheel that then locks the trolley still, I think its because Tesco where sick of people pinching there trollies.

You don't have to use the supermarket trolley to take your shopping home in. You can get ones that look like big shopping bags on wheels, some of them have a wire frame.

I just looked on Amazon. If you type in shopping trolley and go into kitchen and home there are loads.

sorry, this made me smile, my mum loves her trolley, but she is 75!😉:D

Or use a rucksack or bicycle panniers...
A very few Waitrose stores have bike trailers for free loan. but I've never used one, nor shopped in Waitrose, for that matter....

Or use a rucksack or bicycle panniers...
A very few Waitrose stores have bike trailers for free loan. but I've never used one, nor shopped in Waitrose, for that matter....

Thanks for the ideas copepod bicycle panniers i can get hold of.

he he just reading through thinking I never go shopping on my own for reasons which resemble yours steff! dont you have a big strapping man to help you? they have uses sometimes 😱 lol

he he just reading through thinking I never go shopping on my own for reasons which resemble yours steff! dont you have a big strapping man to help you? they have uses sometimes 😱 lol

He is in work everytime i go shopping, actually I wonder why he always is LOL:D

hi Steff, hope you find a way round the pins & needles thing. Whenever I get them now they do take an age to go!

I don't know but could you do internet shopping? I don't know if it is more expensive, but I know you would only buy what's on your list and not be tempted by dr. evil!

good luck

Rossi 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back