Pins and needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules77

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven't officially being diagnosed with neuropathy however I am experiencing pins and needles in my feet and more so my hands it's really bad this evening my blood sugars better than they have ever been so I'm unsure whether it this is neuropathy. I have recently had blood tests and and had a message from my doctor to say that I am low in folic folate and to take over-the-counter supplements when I have researched the symptoms of low folic folate it does say pins and needles has anybody else experienced this really don't think it's neuropathy maybe more the fact that I have low folic folate

It could be if your glucose level has reduced quite quickly as a result of dietary changes and/ or medication you are experiencing some nerve issues that can occur.
I had low folate when I reduced my carbs which I put down to not have things like bread and cereals which are fortified with folate.
I had a high dose folic acid from the GP for 3 months.

It could be if your glucose level has reduced quite quickly as a result of dietary changes and/ or medication you are experiencing some nerve issues that can occur.
I had low folate when I reduced my carbs which I put down to not have things like bread and cereals which are fortified with folate.
I had a high dose folic acid from the GP for 3 months.
I'm going to call Dr Monday to see if I can have higher dose, hopefully this will settle as it's so annoying just want to feel normal

Hope things resolve for you and the supplements replenish your folate levels.

Hopefully your improved levels will keep your nerve endings happy and healthy for years to come 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back