Pins and needles in feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have got pins and needles in both feet. I have had it for a couple of days. I haven't lost any sensation. Could this be temporary? I am really worried about it. Please help me if you can.

Good to hear that you have an appointment to speak to someone about it.
I don't think any of us can suggest a definitive cause, but knowing a bit more about your situation might help?

Things like....
Are you sitting for long periods of time.... maybe working from home? Do you manage to get regular exercise?
Are your legs/feet cold when you have the pins and needles?
How is your diabetes management? Are you able to keep your levels reasonably stable?
Do you take Metformin and if so, for how long? I appreciate you are Type 1 so probably don't, but some people get started on it at diagnosis and aren't taken off it again, whilst other Type 1s are sometimes prescribed it later if they start to struggle with insulin resistance.

I think it is unlikely that it is something permanent unless your diabetes control has been poor for quite a long time but the two things you can probably do to improve it if it is diabetes related is good diabetes management and exercise (walking is particularly good) to stimulate blood flow. You might also ask your doctor to check your vitamin B12 levels.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the doc and try not to worry in the mean time..... easier said than done I know. 🙄

I have a telephone appointment next Monday. I am terrified that it will be permanent.

Human nature to fear worst, not had pins & needles but have had fair few foot aches over time that have disappeared after few days, your doing right thing getting checked out mate.

I was wondering about Vitamin B12 too.

If you are low in Vit B12 it can cause tingling in extermities.

Hope you get reassurance at your appointment @spiritfree

Thank you for replies. I am terrified. I will let you know how appointment with Dr goes.
I have had it on and off in my feet for the last 10 years and my feet are fine. Try not to worry , easy said than done i do know and im a first class worrier! All the best for Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back