Pins and needles in arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
Since Wednesday I have had a horrible pins and needles pain in my arm. It is there all the time and my arm feels tingly. Sometimes it hurts others times just tingles. I went to doctor on Wednesday and he just said he didn't know what it was and it would go away and if not to come back. Have not been back as i felt he wasn't interested. I called my DSN today and have left a message as worried its to do with my diabetes. Has anyone else had this? x

You need to get it checked out. If you cannot get an appointment with the doc, walk into A&E.

Apparently, as it is fairly constant then it probably is not heart related but still needs checking out. If you do go to A&E and the ECG they will do is clear, try and get an appointment to see a physio as it could be something spinal. If a disc is out of place it can affect different nerves.

Don't over worry but don't just relax and ignore either.

Talking from experience here. My boss told me to stop messing about, he took me into A&E, they found something on ECG but actually not related to the pains in the arm - that was spinal and the physio here at work was able to sort out over 4 or 5 sessions plus exercises I did at home.

Hi all,
Since Wednesday I have had a horrible pins and needles pain in my arm. It is there all the time and my arm feels tingly. Sometimes it hurts others times just tingles. I went to doctor on Wednesday and he just said he didn't know what it was and it would go away and if not to come back. Have not been back as i felt he wasn't interested. I called my DSN today and have left a message as worried its to do with my diabetes. Has anyone else had this? x

It may be nerve pain .. I used to get pins and needles in my legs , it was there constantly and went from annoying to painnnn in a few minutes 😱 I was given Pregabalin for it and it settled down and went and now I dont take any meds . It can sometimes happen when your glucose levels change drastically 😱 mine went from 20+ to normal -ish range quite quickly. Try not to worry too much , I'm sure your DSN will sort you out in no time :D

Thanks for replies. Still waiting for DSN to call back. If get really sore will goto A&E. Think it could be related to bloods as having lots of major hypos at the moment. Will keep you updated. x

Hope the arm is better. If your doctor seems uninterested (bit like mine) go to A & E and get it checked. It is probably just nerve pain, but it is worth getting it checked for your own peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back