Pills with or after food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Several people were asking about taking pills with or after food. I looked at my pack of metformin as I was taking them this morning. The instructions on the label said WITH or AFTER food. I needed to take a pill this morning but didn't have time for a proper breakfast. I got to work and my tummy was doing it's best to misbehave. So if it says WITH or AFTER food and you don't, the side effects will come back and haunt you for several hours...

I'm pretty strict about doing wat it says on the packet. For instance, when I recently forgot to take my aspirin and only remembered about 90 minutes after I'd eaten, I decided that was too late to risk, so didn't take it.

I normally have breakfast, but this has just been one of those days. I got to work only to find my staff pass had been left at home. they let me in and gave me a temporary pass.

I always have my metformin with my meal , i just think i darnt risk it like northener said about 2 weeks ago i forgot to take it and it was only about half hout later when i realised, left it till my evening meal and had it then

I take Glucophage (modified release Metformin) and I find I don't have many problems if I take it without food. I usually eat with it but it's not always possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back