pill cutter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
is there such a thing as a pill cutter? i was at the doc the other day and he reduced my metformans to 2 a day but also perscribed 1/2 a gliclazide a day also i am finding that because it is so small that cutting with a knife that they crumble any ideas where to get one if there is such a thing would be appricated

thanks

My Glucophage pills are enormous and I use a pair of nail clippers to split them, it's extremely fiddly though. However, I just did a Google and here are the results and it looks like there's plenty to choose from and they won't break the bank. I think I may invest.

You can buy pill cutters at the chemist. Not very dear but cannot remember how much exactly.

Don't ask me how but my Mum used to split pills, no matter what size, with her finger nail. Tried it once myself, it hurts.

ahh thank you

as i tried boots website under pill cutter and no search found tho reading the replys it brought a smile to my face reading them, i wouldnt know where to start getting a cigar cutter didnt know that they still existed and i bite my nails so no chance of breaking them with my nails.🙂

im going out this afternoon so i will have a look in the chemists

I have one, got it in a local pharmacy. If you go in and ask they will be able to point you in the right direction.

I was going to suggest a pharmacy too.

My Glucophage pills are enormous and I use a pair of nail clippers to split them, it's extremely fiddly though.

I hope they are glucophage and not glucophage xr. The latter have to be taken whole or the active ingredients are released too quickly.

I was going to suggest a pharmacy too.

I hope they are glucophage and not glucophage xr. The latter have to be taken whole or the active ingredients are released too quickly.

No, just regular Glucophage and I checked with the doctor before I started splitting them. I've always had trouble swallowing big pills, they get stuck.:(

Yep, used to work in a little independent chemist and we sold them, they're relatively inexpensive.....

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back