Phew.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayC

That was scary. I was shopping at the supermarket and suddenly had symptoms of hypo. (hands got shaky, face sweaty etc) So I had to check BS in one of the ailes at Morrison's! The reading was 6.9, so it wasn't hypo?? The symptoms were getting worse and I wanted to throw up as well, so I asked a staff member of the shop if there is somewhere I can sit. They were excellent: they showed me the place I can sit down and asked if I want Mars bar, a glass of water, etc. I really appreciate that. In about 10 mins, I was OK so I went on to do shopping.

Since I switched from Insulin to Metformin, I've never had hypo. And, this time, it wasn't hypo although the symptoms were exactly same. I wonder what's going on. I took a painkiller today, rather strong one, did it behave badly? I think my doctor said I can take day-to-day tablets for pain or tummy etc along with Metformin, though.....

Scary experience, but with the help from the shop and my hub, I survived!:D

im not sure what levels you are used to but i got the same thing whilst my BS were dropping due to my DX T2...i think its because your body is used to higher levels so give you symptoms so to speak if your lower than you are used too

now if im feeling that way... i drink more water ..especially in this heat ... and have a peice of toast ...(im restricting myself to 4 slices of hearty oats bread or wholemeal or vogel 2 for breakfast 1 for afternoon 1x before bed) ....just to get something 'in me so to speak' it seems to work for me ...but test and try out and find your happy medium x

Hi KayC, sounds like your body might have got a bit confused with your change of treatment, or possibly the symptoms were not diabetes related at all - sometimes we do tend to blame that first! Could have been the painkillers. Of course, it could also have been the famous supermarlet effect:

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2010/07/supermarkets-of-future.html

🙂

Glad to hear of the great response from Morrisons. Whatever the reason, it's nice to know that they were concerned and did their best to help 🙂

now if im feeling that way... i drink more water ..especially in this heat ... and have a peice of toast ...(im restricting myself to 4 slices of hearty oats bread or wholemeal or vogel 2 for breakfast 1 for afternoon 1x before bed) ....just to get something 'in me so to speak' it seems to work for me ...but test and try out and find your happy medium x

Hi am64
Actually the glass of water the shop gave me helped a lot.
Got diagnosed with T2 on Apr10 and am still on 'test + try out' stage. I'm learning slowly, from this site and other publications. There are a lot to take in regarding this disease!
Hope you're coping with your condition OK.🙂

Hi KayC, sounds like your body might have got a bit confused with your change of treatment, or possibly the symptoms were not diabetes related at all - sometimes we do tend to blame that first! Could have been the painkillers. Of course, it could also have been the famous supermarlet effect:

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2010/07/supermarkets-of-future.html

🙂

Glad to hear of the great response from Morrisons. Whatever the reason, it's nice to know that they were concerned and did their best to help 🙂

Hi Northerner
It's hilarious...!!!!! Ideal supermarket for pancreatically-challenged(!) people...Actually today Morrison's were almost as caring as this supermarket of future! Love your poem, it needs a talent to make such.🙂

Hi Kay, I hope you are feeling better. It is good satff in the shop were able to help and offered you stuff to make you feel better. I'm inclined to think you had a reaction to the new medication or a panic attack. Someone else said a panic attack feels similar to a hypo.

If you are worried, talk to the doctor or phone NHS Direct for professional advice.

Hi Kay, I hope you are feeling better. It is good satff in the shop were able to help and offered you stuff to make you feel better. I'm inclined to think you had a reaction to the new medication or a panic attack. Someone else said a panic attack feels similar to a hypo.

If you are worried, talk to the doctor or phone NHS Direct for professional advice.

Thanks Caroline,🙂
I've just phoned up my D-team and I'm now waiting for them to ring back and give me advice. Luckily my D-team is excellent so I can trust them!

Glad to hear you are getting advice, I hope the D team (which in our case is better than the A team) gets back to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back