Phew...we are on the right track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue63

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
We had Joel's first HbA1C result today and it was 6.4.....I am so proud of him.

We have also gone on to MDI to give him more flexibility for uni. It's a bit nerve racking changing regimes...I have only just got used to the 2 a day and carb counting seems so complicated...gone way over my head but Joel gets it and that's all that matters 🙂

Thanks for everyones help in these early weeks...it's really helped.

Brilliant results! Well done Joel. You are both doing brilliantly so give yourselves a pat on the back. Going onto MDI really will be the best thing for a person Joel's age and if he 'gets it' already then thats also brilliant.🙂Bev

great HbA1c ...same as mine !! (and my GP thinks its a good number tooo) well done Sue and Joel x🙂

Great result Sue and Joel, well done :D x

Hi Sue
As you say, it doesn't matter if you don't get MDI, as Joel will be doing it.
I called in at my parents' home on Sunday night, after a weekend with very little sleep and very irregular eating, both times and what I ate, no washing etc and was delighted to break a 5 hour drive after 3 hours, and even more happy to be offered anything to eat - decided on granary bread bacon sandwich with tomatoes, then blackberries from garden and lots of cups of tea and coffee, then bath. Why I'm saying that is to highlight the value of MDI - if I'd been on bimodal, I'd have had to stop and eat at a service station. I may be in my 40s, but Mum's cooking is still great!

WOW superb result!

Brilliant result well done joel and all xx

Thank you...it's so kind of you all to reply and encourage us 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back