Phase 3?

indio02

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'd say that phase 1 was my pre-diagnosis life which was pretty normal. Phase 2 was post-diagnosis which seems to have been a complete laser focus on losing weight, eating an appropriate diet & exercise and things seem to have gone pretty well.
It now feels as if I'm in Phase 3. I'm not quite sure why but I feel that things just aren't right. Have little motivation to do anything. Spend increasing amounts of procrastinating to the point where it's causing more unnecessary stress. Relationships are becoming increasingly distant. I'm definitely not saying depression but it sort of feels like a look towards it.
Was wondering if this is a function of a diabetes diagnosis or a normal midlife crisis brought to a head by diabetes if that makes sense.
Really just musing with myself but does anyone have any thought's?
Thanks

I had a deep depression only a few weeks after diagnosis, but I put that down to the combination of Atorvastatin and Metformin, and all the consequences of swallowing them. I threw them in the bin after a month of misery, concentrated on eating low carb to reduce blood glucose levels.
Luckily I moved into normal numbers pretty rapidly after diagnosis, lost weight regained energy - even in what could well be called old age.
These days I go out and meet people, find new acquaintances, I am still learning new things, new tunes to play, visit to the local scouts planned, and the folk festival the local club runs each year.
My diet is everything considered unhealthy - but I have a BSc degree - I can work things out. I eat fats as they are the raw materials for building so many substances essential to the working and upkeep of a Human body - the brain for starters, then hormones and various enzymes. Protein in old age is essential for maintaining and building our physical structure.
My thought is that by concentrating on weightloss you have put yourself into a reduced situation where you are conserving energy as a result of a low diet, where by contrast I've eaten things highly nutritious - steal and mushrooms for breakfast, for instance, so I am bounding about like a spring lamb.

Question - how much time each day do you spend time doing something you like doing?

I was the opposite. I felt awful before diagnosis, but once it was sorted (After about a month) I leapt into hobbies and interests with a renewed vigour as I felt so much better.

I even sorted my 7000 item music collection into alphabetical order! Although I'm still struggling with where to put Italian soundtracks by Goblin. Under bands beginning with G or in the soundtrack section?

Back