Pharmacy complaint reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I finally decided to write to Boots as every time I went to my local one they got something wrong. My complaints were:
  • Twice they've given me the wrong item, once they gave me my items with another patient's sticker on them. (And it was a sticker for someone of the opposite sex, of a different ethnic group...)
  • Prescriptions are NEVER waiting for you even when they've had it three days
  • They can never find my prescription and ask if I'm sure I dropped one off!
  • They're generally just quite rude and treat me like I'm stupid

I got a very comprehensive reply today which addressed all the points in my letter and said they had been raised with the pharmacy manager at my store. They said they have no record of the 2 dispensing errors and so they have reminded staff that they have to record any errors made. They are going to ring the surgery in afternoons to check if there are any extra precsriptions to collect. They have reminded staff about being courteous and how important it is when a patient has a concern about an error being made. Finally they thank me for bringing the matter to their attention.

I was quite pleased with that, at least it's not a standard letter and they've taken the time to talk to the local manager and staff about it. Perhaps more people should put their pharmacy rants in writing and hopefully we might see some improvements!

Nice one i think someone else wrote to them may have been scotty or might of just rang im not sure but anyways well done sounds like they have been decent enough to give it a good read and made a good reply x

Wow! Let's hope the pharmacy staff learn something and up their game from now on.

Oh, but I forgot to say I went in last weekend for some Diastix to test drinks with and they didn't know what they were, and looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo. So obviously "the Customer's always right" message hasn't quite got through to all staff yet then. I got some in Sainsbury's pharmacy in the end.

It is always worth complaining to the branch manager and to head office. Equally if I have had very good service I write both to the branch manager and to head office. When I get good service if they know they got it right on that occaision, they are then able to do it again!

I had a nitemare with boots have a look at the thread, i rang head office a few times complaining about there poor service, all i wanted was a apology for this, and they didint give it me.

So i put a complaint to the royal pharmaceutical society of britain, which i think margie suggested, that finally got me heard. This complaint is now being investigated and action is now being taken. Grrrrrrrrrr i hate boots. 😡

I sometimes wonder why Boots is still open. So many people have complained about poor service it's amazing that people still use them, even the ones with plenty of competition give less than reasonable customer service or care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back