petition for t2 strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
did anybodyhad the email about the petition is good news the pct cannot say that they cannot be prescribed strip for t2 or the gp it seems good news to me

Hi Daniela.

Does that mean that every GP has to prescribe strips to T2 if asked ?

If so, that's great news.

Rob

this is how it looked like to me on the government response to the petition did any of you in the forum has got it ?if not i am going to forward the email to northerner if is ok for him are you online N?

Hi Daniela, Northerner is taking a few days off. Not sure if anyone can help? It would be good to see this.

hi anybody else in admin or moderator availaible sorry but i am rubbish on sending links i N. always donne it for me if any body want to share the e mail address i send the e mail promise i am not doing anithing alse with the email address P.M. if anibody is willing to have it and put it on the forum

hi yes this is the e mail well done andy

Payrise granted!

Remember with every payrise there is more work.....now get in the pub and clean up or I will tell Northerner you are slacking!! Ha Ha.

Forgetting the sentence that makes no sense I think they are right about this:

SMBG should only be used within a care package and accompanied by structured education, which ensures that people with diabetes have a clear understanding of the role of monitoring and of how the results can improve health outcomes. Individuals with non-insulin treated diabetes who are motivated by SMBG to maximise the benefits of lifestyle and medication should be encouraged to continue to monitor their blood glucose.

Basically saying there is no point in people who aren't on Insulin testing, unless they test at the right times and use the results to change their diet/exercise.

Very true, but unfortuately hospitals/GPs don't seem to teach type 2's how to do this properly and many find out how to on their own, which is what Wallycorker's petition was about in the first place 😱 It was about bad advice being given to type 2s.

Prescribing decisions about blood glucose test strips are for local determination, but Primary Care Trusts should not impose a blanket policy on testing strips for people with Type 2 diabetes.

This doesn't seem to be good news grahams mum, because it's saying that it's up to GPs etc to decide whether they are prescribed to type 2s. Which we obviously knew, because many people are not being prescribed them.

maybe is not good news but not all gp must be anti stips or at least they cannot say that is the pct budget fault sorry but i am quite lucky with grahams gp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back