Personnal alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob's Mrs

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I'm new to this group. Does anyone know of a personnal alarm - similar to the ones from local councils - that is for diabetics?

Personal alarms are designed to make a VERY LOUD NOISE when the pin is pulled out of them. I just bought three of these for a friend of mine.
Why should a diabetic person require a specific alarm?
Or are you wanting an alarm which warns you of an impending hypo? Then you are talking about a Continuous Glucose Monitor (like Freestyle Libre or Dexcom) in conjunction with appropriate software on a smartphone...

Last edited:
Welcome @Bob's Mrs

Can you explain a little more about what you want from this alarm?
Is it for the person with diabetes to us to call someone when they have a problem with their diabetes that they need assistance with?
Or is it to detect for them that their blood sugars are too high or low? And if this, do you want it to tell the person with diabetes that they need to check themselves out or send a message/alarm to someone else to come and help?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not clear what you are looking for.

I'm new to this group. Does anyone know of a personnal alarm - similar to the ones from local councils - that is for diabetics?
Hello, & welcome. There are pendant style “fob” devices with a single push button which will alert a call centre which in turn can call or message a care giver or emergency services in the event trip fall or difficulty in the home?
If it’s to remotely follow someone wearing a CGM? (For blood monitoring.) There are apps for smart phones that can do this, where the care giver can be alerted to any blood glucose issue.

Hello, & welcome. There are pendant style “fob” devices with a single push button which will alert a call centre which in turn can call or message a care giver or emergency services in the event trip fall or difficulty in the home?
If it’s to remotely follow someone wearing a CGM? (For blood monitoring.) There are apps for smart phones that can do this, where the care giver can be alerted to any blood glucose issue.
Where can I get more information about this please?

Welcome @Bob's Mrs

Can you explain a little more about what you want from this alarm?
Is it for the person with diabetes to us to call someone when they have a problem with their diabetes that they need assistance with?
Or is it to detect for them that their blood sugars are too high or low? And if this, do you want it to tell the person with diabetes that they need to check themselves out or send a message/alarm to someone else to come and help?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not clear what you are looking for.
Thankyou for the reply. I am looking for a fob that can be used to contact the family if someone needs assistance.

Personal alarms are designed to make a VERY LOUD NOISE when the pin is pulled out of them. I just bought three of these for a friend of mine.
Why should a diabetic person require a specific alarm?
Or are you wanting an alarm which warns you of an impending hypo? Then you are talking about a Continuous Glucose Monitor (like Freestyle Libre or Dexcom) in conjunction with appropriate software on a smartphone...
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for an alarm in case of a fall, for instance.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for an alarm in case of a fall, for instance.
I know it's just latching onto one particular reason, but there are some smartwatches available now that have fall detection built in and will automatically message or call someone if it detects a fall or accident. Because they link to a smartphone, they function out of the home as well so may be worth some consideration.

I know it's just latching onto one particular reason, but there are some smartwatches available now that have fall detection built in and will automatically message or call someone if it detects a fall or accident. Because they link to a smartphone, they function out of the home as well so may be worth some consideration.
Thankyou.

There are various alarms @Bob's Mrs eg:

If the person you need it for is struggling, you might also want to look into getting a Care Assessment. Your GP surgery might even have someone who helps in such situations (they’re often called something like Social Care Organiser). You can also phone your local council and speak to Adult Social Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back