personal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pris

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
how do i deal with all the itching especially on the lady parts sorry if its tmi

You shouldn’t have itching on your lady parts, that’s not a normal part of diabetes unless you have high bgs and maybe have thrush, or are taking medication that causes thrush. Have you taken anything to treat it or spoken to GP?

how do i deal with all the itching especially on the lady parts sorry if its tmi
You probably have a yeast infection like thrush which can be treated by a product like Canesten obtainable from the pharmacy.
However it is important to try to get your blood glucose managed well as high blood glucose will encourage the infection to come back.
If your blood glucose is high then you will be excreting excess glucose in urine which will provide a lovely sugary environment for those yeast to grow.
Itching can also be from a Urinary Tract infection for which you would need to see your GP for antibiotics.

thankyou i had seen that genital itching is one of the many symptoms of type 2 which is what i have

Type 2 diabetes symptoms​

Type 2 diabetes develops more slowly than type 1 diabetes. A lot of people don’t get any symptoms, or don’t notice them. But you may notice:

• going to the toilet more often, especially at night
  • feeling more tired, because your body can't get enough glucose in to your cells for energy
  • losing weight without trying
  • genital itching or thrush
th
is is on the wensite

Type 2 diabetes develops more slowly than type 1 diabetes. A lot of people don’t get any symptoms, or don’t notice them. But you may notice:

• feeling more tired, because your body can't get enough glucose in to your cells for energy
th
is is on the wensite
Those are the symptoms before you’re diagnosed, when your blood sugars are high because you don’t know about having diabetes yet. When blood sugars are controlled well you shouldn’t have genital itching.

th
is is on the wensite

Yes, many people with Type 2 don’t realise they have it. The symptoms listed above are clues that a person might have diabetes to prompt them to go to the GP and get diagnosed. All those symptoms above are caused by high blood sugar because of untreated diabetes. Once a person is diagnosed and treated, their blood sugar should then be within a more normal range and so they shouldn’t suffer those symptoms any more.

Genital itching is a symptom of high blood sugar - either in someone who has diabetes but doesn’t realise it, or in someone who has already been diagnosed with diabetes and whose blood sugar is too high. You can deal with it by controlling your blood sugar and then you shouldn’t get it so much at all.

If you’re not sure that it’s thrush, see your GP. There are other causes of itching, including hormone imbalances and skin conditions, as well as external irritants eg washing powder, fabric conditioner, scented products, etc.

Problem with diabetics is yeast love sugar. It was my one and only symptom of diabetes. I have this a year before diagnosis and no matter how many treatments I did it would not go away. Mine was classed as reoccurring or persistent yeast. Most doctors will allow you to collect a swab that you can do at home. If it is Candida (thrush) then you will be given a prescription a tablet or pessary. If it comes back after that (which is common with high blood sugars) the you can be prescribed an anti fungal that you can take for up to six months. When I got my BGs under control mine disappeared for 2 years unfortunately it came back around Christmas and I haven’t been able to get rid of it again, but I am aware that my sugars (although still in range) are running a little higher these days.

Yes, many people with Type 2 don’t realise they have it. The symptoms listed above are clues that a person might have diabetes to prompt them to go to the GP and get diagnosed. All those symptoms above are caused by high blood sugar because of untreated diabetes. Once a person is diagnosed and treated, their blood sugar should then be within a more normal range and so they shouldn’t suffer those symptoms any more.

Genital itching is a symptom of high blood sugar - either in someone who has diabetes but doesn’t realise it, or in someone who has already been diagnosed with diabetes and whose blood sugar is too high. You can deal with it by controlling your blood sugar and then you shouldn’t get it so much at all.

If you’re not sure that it’s thrush, see your GP. There are other causes of itching, including hormone imbalances and skin conditions, as well as external irritants eg washing powder, fabric conditioner, scented products, etc.
yes that's me didn't know i had type 2 was confirmed march 17th so early days. still trying to get my head round it all. get very emotional as i have other ongoing probs.. its not thrush have had that. this is just labia region[tmi]

yes that's me didn't know i had type 2 was confirmed march 17th so early days. still trying to get my head round it all. get very emotional as i have other ongoing probs.. its not thrush have had that. this is just labia region[tmi]
also im thinking it maybe whashing stuff i as i changed it. i need to go back to what i was using before

Those are the symptoms before you’re diagnosed, when your blood sugars are high because you don’t know about having diabetes yet. When blood sugars are controlled well you shouldn’t have genital itching.
i shall look forward to that early days yet

Maybe try a specific moisturiser for that area. High blood sugars can make skin and mucus membranes dry.

And yes, definitely look at your washing powder and toiletries as possible culprits.

Problem with diabetics is yeast love sugar. It was my one and only symptom of diabetes. I have this a year before diagnosis and no matter how many treatments I did it would not go away. Mine was classed as reoccurring or persistent yeast. Most doctors will allow you to collect a swab that you can do at home. If it is Candida (thrush) then you will be given a prescription a tablet or pessary. If it comes back after that (which is common with high blood sugars) the you can be prescribed an anti fungal that you can take for up to six months. When I got my BGs under control mine disappeared for 2 years unfortunately it came back around Christmas and I haven’t been able to get rid of it again, but I am aware that my sugars (although still in range) are running a little higher these days.
thank u all for kind words and info. one thing i find that helps is Vagisil they do soap cream and wipes.

Maybe try a specific moisturiser for that area. High blood sugars can make skin and mucus membranes dry.

And yes, definitely look at your washing powder and toiletries as possible culprits.
Vigasil is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back