Personal question *blush*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyNuff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can being constipated affect your blood sugar levels? 😱 I feel like such a twit but I need to know lol 😛

In the absence of any answers yet, I'll give you some advice.

Er ...... Er ....... Oooooh ...... Er ......... 😱

Andy "sidles off, stage left" HB

...Beast! 😛

All those views and no advice?

You guys are sooooo British! :D x

I read, but have no idea :D

I guess it's possible, but ive never heard of it out of all the Diabetes related stuff ive read!

Hi Fairynuff....

Another guilty of reading it :D ....but i am not sure either. I did try looking on the internet but there was no advice. I am not actually sure of this answer although on a personal note i can suffer the other way!

Its an interesting question but i have not heard of this effecting the BG levels although it does make me wonder that anything that upsets the balance of the body could have an effect.

Sorry, bit of an uncommitted answer but would be interesting if anyone else has heard of this or not.

Bernie xx 🙂

Hehe sorry for bullying you into replies 😉

Thanks Katie for the link. Am probably clutching at straws but something has to explain these fluctuating levels!

Hi - my guess would be the fluctuating sugars, and the constipation are both pregnancy related. I suffered with constipation up until the last couple of weeks. Lots of water helps

Hehe sorry for bullying you into replies 😉

Thanks Katie for the link. Am probably clutching at straws but something has to explain these fluctuating levels!

Bully away sweets :D

Re the fluctuating levels pregnancy too doesn't help one iota!!! The pregnancy issue is a nightmare for blood sugar levels and to be recently diagnosed with it must be a sheer nightmare for you...I genuinely mean that. I would put it down to that primarily.

Your insulin needs also increase ten fold due to insulin resistance at the later stages (you may or not be aware of this).

Bernie xx 🙂

Hi - my guess would be the fluctuating sugars, and the constipation are both pregnancy related. I suffered with constipation up until the last couple of weeks. Lots of water helps

Oops you beat me too it again...i am slow on here tonight :D

Bernie xx

I only opened this just now to see what the answer was, honest! 😱
Katie's linked website is a good find but it is long read to learn that when it happens then you should definitely test your BG level!

For those of us who are not pregnant I vote for Andy's suggestion as being the best immediate solution, that and then take from the website that you should eat more fibre, drink more water and exercise more (sound familar?) to make it less likely to happen again.

Either that or take a look at this thread, scroll down to post #4 and realise that there is actually plenty of sense in the rants of the 'strange old ladies' that you meet in hospital clinic waiting rooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back