Peripheral neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys..a newbie here,hope your all doing good.im just wondering does anyone on here suffer peripheral neuropathy in the feet? Any tips on how to relieve it will be most appreciated....

Welcome to the club no wants to join.
Yep I've got neuropathy in feet and fingers and a good few members here have as well (I imagine they will be along shortly) in my case I generally have just numbness & very rarely get pain, unfortunately there's not much I can do to ease things though there are a few basics
Heat treatment, a hot foot soak or something similar seems to help me.
Pain killers paracetamol and ibuprofen for when the pain hits.
Sadly that's all I can give you others should have more advice.

Hi guys..a newbie here,hope your all doing good.im just wondering does anyone on here suffer peripheral neuropathy in the feet? Any tips on how to relieve it will be most appreciated....
I have PND in both feet which came on mainly over lockdown. I'm not getting any NHS help really because neither Podiatry nor the GP's seem to be interested. In bare feet !!! I can manage quite well but wearing shoes (especially if thick soled) makes walking difficult. I find it helpful to use a stick for balance. I have no pain but it is uncomfortable to walk. My current plan is to try to find a pair of shoes that have thin (but protective) soles to help with walking. I use Alpresan foam which helps with conditioning my feet. A foot inspection with a mirrir is vital to catch any problems also I go to a private podiatrist for routine foot care (NHS podiatry has stopped providing that). Hope this is helpful.

Hi there - I don't have peripheral neuropathy, but I have heard some people have good success in easing or reversing their neuropathy on a low carb diet. It does take a little while though.

Some people have often tried taking R-ALA.

Whilst my neuropathy was neither peripheral nor diabetes related (it was after surgery, affecting my rib cage), I tried R-ALA. My pain reduced and disappeared over a period of some months. Of ciourse, to be really clear, I have no idea if my neuropathy going away was due to the R-ALA, or if I had just healed a bit more, and it disappeared over time.

Get a lot of gyp with mine . Mind I do a lot of walking . But before bed I give both feet a good going over with a micro Pedi. Then slap e45;cream on . Supposed to go to foot place every three months. February was my last appointment . Another service going to pot

Welcome to the forum @Crazysugarfreelady79

Sorry to hear about your experience with neuropathy :(

From reading posts by others over the years it seems that elevated and/or erratic BG levels can cause neuropathic pain to flare up - so it can help to try to keep your BG levels as even and in-range as you can.

Some members have found a combination of supplements helpful which may be appropriate for you, but to check with your GP or nurse that nothing here could be problematic for you

Other members have found a TENS machine (which targets/blocks nerve signals) helpful in reducing their symptoms.

Hope you find something that makes things easier for you. 🙂

Hi there - I don't have peripheral neuropathy, but I have heard some people have good success in easing or reversing their neuropathy on a low carb diet. It does take a little while though.

I had crippling pains in my thigh that went away after a week of low carb. My legs then started to itch and I'd get a bit achy after standing/walking for a long period of time. It's all gone now.

I had peripheral neuropathy when first diagnosed. I used the Neuropathy cocktail and it was very successful. I have recommended it on here and I know it has also worked for some others. Worth a try. See attached pdf. I know it is routinely prescribed in Germany.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back