Peripheral iridotomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As there is an increased risk of glaucoma when diabetic I wondered if anyone else had experienced having peripheral iridotomies. I'm due to have the holes lasered into my eyes on October 12th, and have read about it on google, but wondered if anyone had first hand experience that they could share with me please.

Hi AJ, I don't have an experiences to relate to you - hopefully someone here will be able to help. I did find a UK forum that might be another good place to ask your question (if you haven't already done so!):

http://www.youreyeguide.co.uk/forum/glaucoma-forum/

Thanks Northener I hadn't seen that site before and they did have a section on laser iridotomies although it was rather scary!! Quote "I had laser iridotomies done to both my eyes 6 months ago because of narrow angles. Before the surgery I had 20/20 vision. After the procedure I see a fluorescent white line right in the middle of my vision. I also see flickering strange lights which are there all the time, worst when I move my eyes. Besides, I have horrible glare. I have to wear sunglasses even when writing on the computer. I also see myriads of white spots. My vision in my right eye is now 20/200 and in my left eye 20/100. I had to give up my job, as I can no longer drive.
My ophthalmologist says such side effects sometimes happen after iridotomies (but he didn't tell me about any side effects before the surgery).

I hope this doesn't happen to me!!!!!!!

Goodness! I hope so too!

It's given me a really good excuse to maximise enjoying the days before the laser - I determined to have 12 days of fun, including having my birthday to celebrate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back