Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Costigan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am new to this forum I don't drink pop normally my suger was 7.8 I drink a Pepsi max it came down to 5.6 and stayed level anybody I could not get over it

I am new to this forum I don't drink pop normally my suger was 7.8 I drink a Pepsi max it came down to 5.6 and stayed level anybody I could not get over it

What did you expect to happen?

Diet drinks can cause an insulin release even though they contain no sugar. This may have brought your BS down?

What did you expect to happen?

Diet drinks can cause an insulin release even though they contain no sugar. This may have brought your BS down?
I know but I don't drink pop I was so was so surprised at the result I normally drink water but Pepsi max brought it down quicker than water

I believe sweet tasting things can sometimes cause insulin to be released, even though there's no carbs in what is being drunk.

Are you on any medication?

Blood sugars go up and down all the time. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I agree, all sorts of things could have caused that drop. It could just be that you were a bit dehydrated that day and the fluid in the Pepsi hydrated you and that brought levels down. You can't draw any conclusions from just one set of results.

Pepsi Max has negligible carbs, so wouldn’t be expected to raise glucose levels.

If those had been my numbers I think I’d have just put it down to the overall rise and fall of life with diabetes. I’m not sure I’d have thought the Pepsi Max had any impact personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back