people with astma with a steroid inhaler does it affect your bg

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
hello i jut wonder if anyone with astma with setorid inhaliier found it causes problems with bg. i have been presriced one for a suppsected astma. astma nurse said inhailled storids were okay but it has seemed to cause a bit of havoc with BG.

Sorry to hear you've been seeing some glucose upheaval from your steroid inhaler :(

Steroids do have a well-earned reputation for raising BG levels - I'm not sure why inhaled steroids wouldn't have that effect (perhaps the dose is much lower??) But I'd trust your CGM / BG meter in terms of evaluating whether your BGs are being impacted!

Sorry to hear you've been seeing some glucose upheaval from your steroid inhaler :(

Steroids do have a well-earned reputation for raising BG levels - I'm not sure why inhaled steroids wouldn't have that effect (perhaps the dose is much lower??) But I'd trust your CGM / BG meter in terms of evaluating whether your BGs are being impacted!
When I raised concerns before I was prescribed it she said something about it going straight to yours lungs. I ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back