Peer to peer? support going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I've just got this message from Diabetes UK.
From 14 March 2016, Diabetes UK is changing the ways that you can get support from other people living with diabetes. Our Talk to Someone telephone and email peer support service, run by volunteers, will no longer be available, but there are lots of different ways to get in touch with others with diabetes:​
That could be a mass/automatic message to everyone involved. I hadn't contacted the person I was talking recently, I don't know whether messages still get through.

Last edited:
Yes Ralph, this is going out to everyone who has been using the service. It is hoped that people will be able to use the other forms of support offered, such as this forum, voluntary groups and the DUK Careline service.

An advantage of the e-mail peer support over both the peer support phone line and DUK Carline was cost. DUK use phone numbers that cost a hell of a lot more than my normal phone rate.
By voluntary groups do you mean the local support groups. They're not local or convenient to get to!

Didn't get to say bye :(

An advantage of the e-mail peer support over both the peer support phone line and DUK Carline was cost. DUK use phone numbers that cost a hell of a lot more than my normal phone rate.
By voluntary groups do you mean the local support groups. They're not local or convenient to get to!

Didn't get to say bye :(
Ralph, we're hoping that the volunteers on the service will be getting involved with the forum - we are looking forward to welcoming their skills and knowledge 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back