Pedicure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sas77

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there

I know that this has come up before but I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is okay to have a pedicure even though I have limited feeling in my feet and legs.

I know that people say it is not recommended but just wondered if someone had some personal experience of this - I don't really pay much attention to the whole "not recommended for diabetics" stuff because I think a lot of it is just because of health and safety and a little bit over the top.

I am trying to drop hints for a birthday pressie and a pampering day is one of them (fingers crossed 😱) and I am pretty sure pedicure is one of the treatments.

Any experience would be appreciated.

Sarah

I wonder how many people would be happy to carry out a pedicure on you with the knowledge that you have limited feeling. I'm sure most would have some sort of policy regarding this. Maybe call up a few places and find out.

I personally haven't had one but my feet are so sensitive I don't like people touching my feet. could you have a massage instead, something relaxing and a treat for your birthday?

I'd phone around and see what everyone says. It may be you have a reflexology massage instead, apparently it helps bring down the glucose levels.

i like the sound of that reflexology massage mmmmmm better still 2 for the price of 1 a massage and brings down glucose may never get off the bed😱

ive got college tomorrow may see if they i could get an appointment its alot cheaper than going to a beauty room

Hope you get an appointment. It would be helpful if you tested before and after the appointment and let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back