Paula Carr trust ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrietjane

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello I am a T1d of 55 + years I have just moved to Ramsgate Kent from Oxford. I am currently with OCDEM in Oxford they said I could stay with them & operate remotely. This is fine except for getting blood results - the GP situation in Kent is really bad so this has been a major problem!
What I would like to know is if anyone has any experience of the.Paula Carr unit in Ashford & what they think of it! Any help or advice on this would be very helpful! Thank you!!

Hello I am a T1d of 55 + years I have just moved to Ramsgate Kent from Oxford. I am currently with OCDEM in Oxford they said I could stay with them & operate remotely. This is fine except for getting blood results - the GP situation in Kent is really bad so this has been a major problem!
What I would like to know is if anyone has any experience of the.Paula Carr unit in Ashford & what they think of it! Any help or advice on this would be very helpful! Thank you!!
Somebody posted about this some months ago but implied it was for folk with Type 2 but this was the link for self referral. The self-referral form is here https://mymhealth.com/resources/kent
I don't recall anyone mentioning it again.

Hiya - may I enquire who is giving you the forms to go and get your blood tests, and where the tests are actually being done ie in which Lab?

Hiya - may I enquire who is giving you the forms to go and get your blood tests, and where the tests are actually being done ie in which Lab?
Hi I got the forms from my hospital in Oxford these were forms I have been using for years so correct. It is almost impossible to talk to anyone at
my GP here in Kent - they have no staff & are overrun with queries just like everywhere else! The thing about the blood tests is that most of the results were sent to Oxford just not the HBA1c - it seems I may be making things more complicated which is why I asking about Paula Carr. So much for patient choice! Any info gratefully received! Harriet

Hi I got the forms from my hospital in Oxford these were forms I have been using for years so correct. It is almost impossible to talk to anyone at
my GP here in Kent - they have no staff & are overrun with queries just like everywhere else! The thing about the blood tests is that most of the results were sent to Oxford just not the HBA1c - it seems I may be making things more complicated which is why I asking about Paula Carr. So much for patient choice! Any info gratefully received! Harriet
If this has been going on for a while you could go via the complaints procedure PALS I think it is called.

I'm a bit confused - you first said that OCDEM weren't getting the blood test results. Now you say they do. So - why don't OCDEM tell you all those results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back