Pastry - Finally Cracked It

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiVZ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

Feeling a little pleased with myself so thought I'd share. I mentioned in the 'spikey food' thread that pastry, batter and pizza were my biggest challenges when trying to control my BG.

Well tonight I had a quarter of a cheese and onion pie, a quarter of a chicken and brocolli pie, some chips, a large strawberry tart for pudding, plus the pastry from my wifes strawberry tart (she doesn't like pastry too much)

Blood sugar before I ate was 6.2. Calculated 13CP (130g of carbs) so took 13 units of humalog as my ratio is 1:1CP (or 1:10g carbs) 😱. Decided to try out the 2 hour post meal test that was talked about in another thread and amazingly I'm 5.9!!! :D

I was running a bit high yesterday so very happy with tonights readings.

Probably jinxed it now and go hypo in 2 hours 😉

NiVZ

nice 1 you must be chuffed i work with food and 1 of the biggest challenges is cracking the perfect pastry

Hi NiVZ,

Thats brilliant.....Glad you've cracked it cause the pizza, pastry, batter one is a hard one...:D

Heidi
xx🙂

Glad you cracked it, keep up the good work.

The main thing to look out for in pastry is the amount of saturated fat. I used to love pies but rarely eat them nowadays. I've found that pastry gives a late peak for me, and keep forgetting this and not injecting after the meal like I ought to!😱

Thats good to hear you've cracked. Pasties, pies etc, i like them occasionally I find them difficult to estimate the carb count of them, I don't think they cause me any particluar problems, I know that each time I realise that I have no idea and just randomly guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back