!!Participants wanted!! Type 1 diabetes, disordered eating and diabetes technology research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
DIABETES UK ADVERT.png
Hi all,

I'm Emily and I'm conducting some research as part of my clinical psychology doctorate studies.

The research aims to get a better understanding of what relationship people living with Type 1 diabetes and disordered eating have with their flash/continuous glucose monitors. With the aim to help improve services and support.

If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to take party in the study follow the link below to complete the registration form. Please allow a few minutes to do this.

https://herts.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Suo6pGFut4f8Bo

More information can be found on instagram: @t1detechresearch

If you have any questions please contact me on ew21abs@herts.ac.uk

Thank you!
Emily

This study has been approved by Mike @everydayupsanddowns

View attachment 28046
Hi all,

I'm Emily and I'm conducting some research as part of my clinical psychology doctorate studies.

The research aims to get a better understanding of what relationship people living with Type 1 diabetes and disordered eating have with their flash/continuous glucose monitors. With the aim to help improve services and support.

If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to take party in the study follow the link below to complete the registration form. Please allow a few minutes to do this.

Thank you!
Emily

Still looking for participants for anyone interested in taking part!

What do you mean by disordered easting? Is this eating disorders like binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, etc. or something different?

What do you mean by disordered easting? Is this eating disorders like binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, etc. or something different?
Hi Mikey,

Thank you for your message. We know that often for lots of different reasons, people may not have a formal diagnosis of an eating disorder, so we wanted to make sure those without a diagnosis (as well as those who may have a diagnosis) but who identified with the following criteria could take part:

We are looking for individuals who have currently or previously experienced disordered eating/diabulimia/T1DE?

This could include any of the following:

regularly omitting insulin in aid of losing weight or remaining at a low body weight

and/or

engaging in rigid dieting, binge eating, excessive exercise, laxative use in aid of losing weight or remaining at a low body weight

and/or

intentionally keeping blood glucose high with the intention to keep weight low or lose weight.

Please let me know if you have other questions, you can also email me at ew21abs@herts.ac.uk

Thank you
Emily

Last edited:
recruitment what will it involve.png

Hi all,

we are still looking for some participants for the study!

If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to take part in the study follow the link below to complete the registration form. Please allow a few minutes to do this.

Thank you!
Emily

Hi all,

We are coming to the end of our recruitment phase!

There are still a few days left to register your interest in taking part.

If you feel you meet the criteria in above post and would like to take part in the study follow the link below to complete the registration form. Please allow a few minutes to do this.

Thank you!
Emily

View attachment 28046
Hi all,

Thank you!
Emily

Not sure if I qualify?
I use a continuous blood glucose monitor, have a history of both anorexia and diabulimia, 18+. live in the UK...buttt I'm type 3C?

Not sure if I qualify?
I use a continuous blood glucose monitor, have a history of both anorexia and diabulimia, 18+. live in the UK...buttt I'm type 3C?
Hi Austin,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately for this study we are only recruiting those living with Type 1 diabetes, but thank you for you interest and sorry that you are not able to take part.

Emily

Hi Austin,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately for this study we are only recruiting those living with Type 1 diabetes, but thank you for you interest and sorry that you are not able to take part.

Emily

No problem 🙂
I thought that would probably be the case, but thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back