Participants Needed for New Type 1 Diabetes Research study - 100 £ for participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwar alobaid

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
We are currently in need of participants aged 18 – 70 years with Type 1 Diabetes to take part in a research study designed to investigate the effects of short bouts of frequent light-intensity walking on glucose levels.

To Take part you must be:
  • Aged between 18 – 70 years.​
  • Diagnosed with T1D for a minimum of 5 years.​
  • Currently treated on a stable insulin regimen for a minimum of 6 months consisting of an insulin pump or injections using a combination of rapid-acting and long-acting insulin.​
  • Familiar and currently using the carbohydrate-counting method for determining mealtime insulin dose.​
  • Not currently pregnant.​
  • No established diabetes complications excluding background retinopathy.​
What will I be required to do?
You will be required to visit the research laboratory in the School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds on 3 separate occasions.
  • Visit 1: attend a 1-hour screening visit (to confirm eligibility, measure body composition and fit two wearable devices).
  • Visits 2 and 3: (2 separate visits) starting at 09:00am and lasting for approximately 7-hours in duration. We will provide you with food to consume at home on the evening before each visit. On each visit, we will provide you with 2 meals (breakfast and lunch). On one visit, you will be seated in a comfortable lounge-chair, and on the other visit you will be required to break-up your time spent sitting by completing 3-minute short bouts of light-intensity walking activity then resume a seated position.​
For the duration of the study you will be asked to wear a wrist-worn device to record physical activity, and a device on your upper arm to measure glucose levels for 14 consecutive days.
You will receive a £100 gift voucher upon completion of study.
Reasonable Travel expenses will cover Yorkshire area ONLY.

Parking is available.

The School of Food Science and Nutrition is operating with strict COVID-19 safety procedures in place, and you will be in a room on your own throughout each visit.

The project has been reviewed and approved by an NHS Ethics Committee (Ref 20/LO/0650).

If you agree to take part, or would like more information, please contact:
Anwar Alobaid (PhD student),

Email: ml17aa@leeds.ac.uk

“This study has been approved by @cherrelle DUK”

Last edited:
Just a heads up.. folks with the dark screen option (like me) will not be able to read this post, can only see the blue text. A fair few of us moved over to the dark side when given the option :rofl:

Last edited:
We are currently in need of participants aged 18 – 70 years with Type 1 Diabetes to take part in a research study designed to investigate the effects of short bouts of frequent light-intensity walking on glucose levels.

• Currently treated on a stable insulin regimen for a minimum of 6 months consisting of an insulin pump or injections using a combination of rapid-acting and long-acting insulin.​
  • Familiar and currently using the carbohydrate-counting method for determining mealtime insulin dose.​
You will be required to visit the research laboratory in the School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds on 3 separate occasions.
  • Visit 1: attend a 1-hour screening visit (to confirm eligibility, measure body composition and fit two wearable devices).
  • Visits 2 and 3: (2 separate visits) starting at 09:00am and lasting for approximately 7-hours in duration. We will provide you with food to consume at home on the evening before each visit. On each visit, we will provide you with 2 meals (breakfast and lunch). On one visit, you will be seated in a comfortable lounge-chair, and on the other visit you will be required to break-up your time spent sitting by completing 3-minute short bouts of light-intensity walking activity then resume a seated position.​
For the duration of the study you will be asked to wear a wrist-worn device to record physical activity, and a device on your upper arm to measure glucose levels for 14 consecutive days.

Parking is available.

The School of Food Science and Nutrition is operating with strict COVID-19 safety procedures in place, and you will be in a room on your own throughout each visit.

The project has been reviewed and approved by an NHS Ethics Committee (Ref 20/LO/0650).

Have you received enough support?

It’s just a bit too far for me to travel

Hi Benny,
Are you interested to take part?
If yes, do you meet the criteria?
I sent a message to your student email address.

Interested.

Type 1 diabetic for 21 years. I have some background retinopathy and maculopathy which is being observed at 6 monthly intervals, but does not require treatment. I live in Leeds.

If you have other criteria requirements, send me a private message.

Hi Benny,
I sent a message to your student email address.

Interested.

Type 1 diabetic for 21 years. I have some background retinopathy and maculopathy which is being observed at 6 monthly intervals, but does not require treatment. I live in Leeds.

If you have other criteria requirements, send me a private message.
Hi Benny,
Thank you for your interest.
I will send you an email.

Regards,
Anwar

Last edited:

Parking is available.

I am still looking for participants with Type 1 diabetes, if someone is interested and have a question do not hesitate to ask
Thank you

Parking is available.

“This study has been approved by @cherrelle

Important - I am still looking for participants with Type 1 diabetes, if someone is interested and have any question please do not hesitate to ask .​
Thank you,
Anwar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back