Participants for research on 'the effects chronic illness has on families'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizziec02

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,
I am a BSc Psychology with Sociology Student at Birmingham City University, and I’m looking for people to take part in my study on the effect chronic illness has on families. Would you like to take part in an online interview with me about this?
The interview would involve a discussion on if the family dynamics have changed and what affect living with a family member with a chronic illness has had on this. There will also be a discussion on what support you or your family have received and what support may be beneficial moving forward.
To take part in this study you need to be over 18 and live/have lived with a family member with chronic illness. If you think you may find these topics distressing/upsetting it is recommended that you do not take part.
If you are interested, please get in touch with me at Elizabeth.colbran@mail.bcu.ac.uk. I look forward to hearing from you!
This study has been approved by Mike@everydayupsanddowns.

I was diagnosed 60 years ago. It had a vast impact on my parents relationship. Happy to talk on the phone if you want to compare then and more recent years

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your reply! Unfortunately due to ethical considerations I can only interview those who have a family member with chronic illness, rather than the individual themselves. However I would still be more than happy to talk to you to hear your perspective and experiences!
I was diagnosed 60 years ago. It had a mast impact on m parents relationship. Happy to talk on the phone if you want to compare then and more recent years

Hi, thank you for your reply! Unfortunately due to ethical considerations I can only interview those who have a family member with chronic illness, rather than the individual themselves. However I would still be more than happy to talk to you to hear your perspective and experiences!

Unfortunately you are unable to talk to my parents as my father passed prematurely from heart disease (which I inherited) in 1980 and my mother in 2005. However, I am more than happy to talk with you about my experiences. Things have improved vastly since I was diagnosed and my mother had to boil up syringes whilst I carried out urine tests. However, in quite a few areas things have gone backwards since Covid!

Unfortunately you are unable to talk to my parents as my father passed prematurely from heart disease (which I inherited) in 1980 and my mother in 2005. However, I am more than happy to talk with you about my experiences. Things have improved vastly since I was diagnosed and my mother had to boil up syringes whilst I carried out urine tests. However, in quite a few areas things have gone backwards since Covid!
I am sorry to hear that. I am sure a lot has changed through the years as technology has advanced. If you drop me an email we can talk more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back