parents/mums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Was just wondering if all is ok with the parents amongst us alot seem to fallen by the way side, i dunno if it is the summer holidays yet or what, but please hurry back your missed x

Just pushing this cmon mummies and daddies let us know you and your child/ren are ok x

Hey Steph,
Thanks for asking! Gem is doing ok. Currently in the middle of year 10 exams, and very stressed. Otherwise, recently had a meeting with the DSN and HATED it. Felt patronised and talked down to. Very difficult to manage that. I know the nurse has her best interests at heart, but Gem knows a lot about her own diabetes and a different approach might work more successfully. Its a day by day thing, really.
So looking forward to holidays!!
Glodee

Hi Glodee glad to hear she is doing well, ooo dear exams i remmeber them lol. x

Hey Steph,
Thanks for asking! Gem is doing ok. Currently in the middle of year 10 exams, and very stressed. Otherwise, recently had a meeting with the DSN and HATED it. Felt patronised and talked down to. Very difficult to manage that. I know the nurse has her best interests at heart, but Gem knows a lot about her own diabetes and a different approach might work more successfully. Its a day by day thing, really.
So looking forward to holidays!!
Glodee

I had that when i was 16, thats why i stopped seeing dietitans because they seem like they cant tell you anything you dont already know.Even now these people cant really help as much as id like they dont live with it everyday, thats why i love this site real people who understand and do actaully care. 🙂
Hope shes doing ok in her exams x

I'm still here. I'm a mum, I think there are three children in my house aged almost 61; almost 24 and almost 6.

Fuuny Steff, I'd been thinking the same thing recently - not seeing a lot of the old familiar names that were on here when I first fell through the door so to speak!

I think they must be so busy and with the summer hols coming up there preparing themselves x

Was just wondering if all is ok with the parents amongst us alot seem to fallen by the way side, i dunno if it is the summer holidays yet or what, but please hurry back your missed x

Hey, yep life is busy! Am struggling with so much at the mo....diabetes is really testing us....

Pop in every now and then but don't see the names as much either :confused:

Hey, yep life is busy! Am struggling with so much at the mo....diabetes is really testing us....

Pop in every now and then but don't see the names as much either :confused:

hey becca lovely to see you pop in, sorry to hear things are hectic at the minute , xx love to all

Just busy with Carly, it was her 2nd birthday last weekend so its been a hetic week!
She had 13th hypo today in 9 days :( her insulin have been reduced yesterday, it was improving till today at swimming she went down to 2.6!!! luckily I took biscuits with me and she gulped down 3 rich tea biscuits!! back up to 6.2 🙂

I'm still here and have posted in the last few weeks, just not on the parents section.

C is doing well again. We had her check up last week and the HbA1C wasn't very good. But we expected that, as she's had a tummy bug and ended up in hospital, hypo at first and then going right up to 23ish (wasn't really impressed with the hospital treatment). Then 2 weeks ago she forgot her Levemir. And I didn't notice that she'd been over 10 every morning for about 2 weeks. But it seems we are back on track for now.🙂

Hi steff, I'm here too and check in when I can. Somehow don't write as much but I think that may be a natural cycle? Still loyal though!

E is very well. We are all shattered and pretty stressed and soon to go abroad for the first time with D.... We have hard times and hard nights, but he stays patient enough and then it passes or we figure out what's going on!

Thanks for asking, nice lady

Hi girls thanks for getting back in touch to reply, nice to hear from you all .The trials and tribulations idiabetes brings to each and everyone of you i do truly commend you all xx

Hope they all have a good summer hol x x

Thanks for asking Steph.🙂

I think since being relaxed on the pump we dont need as much input or help as things seem to be ticking along nicely (touch wood). Like Patricia says, I think its a natural cycle as we all get our heads round diabetes and all it entails. It seems that once pumpers get to grips with things we just dont need as much help!🙂

I still read some posts though and contribute when I can. I do miss the 'old crowd' of pumpers though!🙂Bev

I think since being relaxed on the pump we dont need as much input or help as things seem to be ticking along nicely (touch wood). Like Patricia says, I think its a natural cycle as we all get our heads round diabetes and all it entails. It seems that once pumpers get to grips with things we just dont need as much help!🙂

I still read some posts though and contribute when I can. I do miss the 'old crowd' of pumpers though!🙂Bev

Don't forget that there are new members joining all the time that will appreciate your support and experience! 🙂

Hi Bev dont forgot you have often given invaluble advice on all matters, so dont be a stranger hun im pleased to hear things are going well xx

hi i am here and since we started cab counting some days are quite bad and the heat is really playing up on graham and we are going on holiday in 4 weeks i am working overtime some weekend as well and i try to finish a lots of things before the holiday so everything is a rush and a dear friend lost her baby a few weeks after was born so is a bit of up and down but dont worry i still reading all the new entry i really wanted to come to the brighton meeting but with kids you never know gastroenterites has gone but other children were sick and also chicken pox appear in the school so i am not really an happy bunny i was really worryed that graham contracted something thank god he is ok 😱

Hiya Daniela lovely to hear from you , so sorry to hear about your mates loss very sad best wishes to them.Im pleased things are going ok , bad/good days i know but it is so nice to hear from all you parents xx you take care and love to all.

p.s such a relief all round i bet that he had not got the pox, my mates little 6 yr old is suffering with it at the minute she has been off school 5 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back