Parents - kids who need 2nd swine flu please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi

There is a directive that the children under 10 years old who have had half a dose of swine flu vacine do NOT now need the other half. Please read :

"Dosage change for children over six months

The JCVI has reviewed data on the immune responses to Pandemrix in children aged over six months, as well as reactogenicity data and HPA studies. They have advised that healthy children aged over six months should have just one dose of Pandemrix (half an adult dose) unless the child is immunosuppressed or has an immune deficiency (as specified in the Green Book). We expect the licence for Pandemrix to change shortly to permit one or two doses according to national advice.

Children over six months who are being vaccinated because they are in the priority groups for phase one, should also have one dose unless they have a similar immune condition.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh.../@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_109825.pdf

Hope that is of some benefit to anyone. 🙂

Heard something about this on the news this mornign when I was half asleep. I'm sure this is helpful to some of the parents so thanks for posting.

Just thought I would bring this up to the top again for the last time just incase any parent missed it. 🙂

I'm keeping it near the top to make sure it is not missed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back