Paramedic struck off

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldclarity

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I can't find a link, but there was a bit on the BBC news at 7pm about a paramedic being struck off because he refused to treat a lady who was hypo on a bus. He said she was acting drunk, but fortunately his colleague took her blood sugar and treated her appropriately.

I wish I could remember all the details and/or find a link.

I can't find a link, but there was a bit on the BBC news at 7pm about a paramedic being struck off because he refused to treat a lady who was hypo on a bus. He said she was acting drunk, but fortunately his colleague took her blood sugar and treated her appropriately.

I wish I could remember all the details and/or find a link.

There was a story like this a while ago about a merseyside paramedic , I wonder if this is the same one?

Thanks Steff 🙂 No idea why I couldn't find it!

i could not find it anywhere on the health news on bbc news site i had to type it in search box

no probs :D:D

Seems to me that man has some serious issues of his own, and a very uncertain grip on reality/. It's lucky the bus driver insisted isn't it?

Seems to me that man has some serious issues of his own, and a very uncertain grip on reality/. It's lucky the bus driver insisted isn't it?

Totally - switched on cookie, deserves a bonus! Also lucky the nutty paramedic's colleague sussed out the situation... Most paramedics are fab thankfully! I can't help but wonder if the woman was wearing a medic alert type bracelet or was carrying id as a diabetic of some kind? I guess if they just assumed she was drunk they wouldn't bother checking further anyway? Interesting story!

An unfortunate event, but a wise decision by the authorities [for once] about the ability of this 'professional' to carry out his work.

Lucky for the lady that ambulance crews work in pairs and the bus driver can tell someone who is ill from a drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back