Pancakes ... shrove Tuesday anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello.

So who is pancaking today?
Also is anyone giving up anything for lent?

I will be having pancakes for lunch, with fruit and yogurt, maybe peanut butter too 🙂

I love pancakes, and I normally have banana (keto) pancakes when nobody but me has been eating the bananas and they are too ripe for me to eat in their natural form, and chuck in some frozen fruit when it is cooking. Today I will go with flour, and we have lemons

For lent I am still making my mind up, but I think I will go with alcohol.

I’m having normal pancakes for tea 🙂 As it’s once a year, I have them with moderate portions of golden syrup, lemon juice and sugar, and Nutella (not all on the same pancake - I have a few!).

No, I don’t give anything up for Lent. It always makes me think of “I’m not being beaten by Father Dick Byrne in the giving things up competition”. So, er, rollerblading for me :rofl:

I definitely won’t be having pancakes, nothing to do with being a paragon of virtue, I just don’t like them. I don’t like Yorkshire Puddings either. Yuk!
As for Lent, I’m just giving up giving up. It’s not worth me giving up alcohol as I barely touch it these days. My only vice is chocolate and there’s absolutely no chance I’m giving that up for 40 days! No one in my family would be alive by Easter! :rofl:

I might make some Peanbut and Banana pancakes.

I definitely won’t be having pancakes, nothing to do with being a paragon of virtue, I just don’t like them. I don’t like Yorkshire Puddings either. Yuk!
As for Lent, I’m just giving up giving up. It’s not worth me giving up alcohol as I barely touch it these days. My only vice is chocolate and there’s absolutely no chance I’m giving that up for 40 days! No one in my family would be alive by Easter! :rofl:
40 days in Lent, but they are not continuous! 46 days from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday inclusive (note Easter Saturday is actually the Saturday after Easter), the extra 6 days are the Sundays during Lent. Sundays are feast days, so no fasting - so if you are "giving up" alcohol or chocolate or whatever you can still have it on the Sundays in Lent.

40 days in Lent, but they are not continuous! 46 days from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday inclusive (note Easter Saturday is actually the Saturday after Easter), the extra 6 days are the Sundays during Lent. Sundays are feast days, so no fasting - so if you are "giving up" alcohol or chocolate or whatever you can still have it on the Sundays in Lent.
I need chocolate every day!

Definitely having pancakes. Just lemon and a sprinkle of sugar in each (plural as it will definite,y be more than one -it’s only once a year) Enjoy

Not giving anything up for lent

Oh yes. Lemon juice + sugar & the others jam
Insulin consumption will be high tonight :-D

I had my pancakes on Sunday! I couldn't wait until today, I had them with golden syrup - it's the only way for me. I wonder if anyone does have pancakes any other time of the year, I know we don't.

Not been mentioned in this house so I'm just keeping quiet. We don't bother with Valentines Day either, just like my own mum banned me and my sis spending our pocket money on anything for Mother's day. When you love anyone, tell them so whenever - so they always know that anyway - not just because of the date! (Husband carries it a bit too far for me and doesn't want a card at Xmas, wedding anniversary or birthdays either, deep sigh) If someone in company in July happens to say the date, we'll quite often both be heard remarking - Oh blast - we've forgotten our own anniversary - again!

I had my pancakes on Sunday! I couldn't wait until today, I had them with golden syrup - it's the only way for me. I wonder if anyone does have pancakes any other time of the year, I know we don't.
We have them quite often, we always had them at home, only for tea once a year but breakfast often, And then we did the same when we had our daughter, its one of the first things my daughter learnt how to cook, and I taught her because she liked them so much I got fed-up doing them. She's been making them since about age 5 with supervision, providing she cleans and washes up all the evidence ha!

I do

Not been mentioned in this house so I'm just keeping quiet. We don't bother with Valentines Day either, just like my own mum banned me and my sis spending our pocket money on anything for Mother's day. When you love anyone, tell them so whenever - so they always know that anyway - not just because of the date! (Husband carries it a bit too far for me and doesn't want a card at Xmas, wedding anniversary or birthdays either, deep sigh) If someone in company in July happens to say the date, we'll quite often both be heard remarking - Oh blast - we've forgotten our own anniversary - again!
Never got valentines and I am not fussed about mothers day either, a card will do.
Valentines is a con as if you love someone you love them all year round and random surprises and acts of love mean more

I’m having normal pancakes for tea 🙂 As it’s once a year, I have them with moderate portions of golden syrup, lemon juice and sugar, and Nutella (not all on the same pancake - I have a few!).

No, I don’t give anything up for Lent. It always makes me think of “I’m not being beaten by Father Dick Byrne in the giving things up competition”. So, er, rollerblading for me :rofl:
Let's hope you don't get a visit from Bishop Brennan

I have already worked out how to manage Easter .A CDM chocolate egg (small) eat half each day and then the buttons inside the egg on the third day That's the plan...

I bought some ready made pancakes from the supermarket. Since I never make them and don´t keep flour in the house, I thought it wasn´t worth buying a full bag of flour... and the potential mess in the kitchen. Plus the pack came with 4 so once they are gone, no temptation of making more! I had 2 of them as dessert today and left the other 2 for tomorrow. I will have them with some cream and raspberries.

PS: pancake day is not a tradition for me but I love any excuse to have a treat 😉

I don’t normally bother because my husband doesn’t really like them, but my son happens to be here, so I made them for him. Of course, I had to have the first one, which always sticks, and the runty one at the end with the last of the batter, it would have been rude not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back