PALINGSWICH HOUSE KING STREET ,HAMMERSMITH WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VICTOR HILL

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
MORNING TO ALL .
This may be an impossible task .
anyone who was at this LCC home for diabetes in 1958 T0 1960 I would like to hear from .
this was the days of FOG . TROLLEY BUS. and schooling at ADDISON sec modern in shepards bush london ,and the ODEON cinema on the broadway also can remember going to see the ten commandments the flyover was also built then next to st pauls church
40 kids in the home to
regards vic hill aka TUSKER .

Good luck with your search. Several years ago I started looking for a good friend who’d I’d lost touch with , I tried friends reunited, Electoral roll, ancestry .com etc etc I did find traces of her but info was so out of date that I Eventually I gave up . Then the other year I suddenly heard from her via FB , Her sister had seen my post from 2 years prior on a FB Page re ex students of a school we both attended, where I’d asked if anyone new her.
What I’m trying to say in a very long winded way is, don’t give up.

LJC
hallo and thanks for your help , and i know that this will been heck of task s as triad it a few years back when i was on friends reunited and genes uk
but thought i may as you say some body may be about as i am 72 and most of the kids , move on back home to anywhere in england
when we were kids at the home we super woodwork school all the modern tools but no drills electric great team off kids some great with diabetes all on insulin and some would fall down low then it sugar lumps or pinch nose and sugar in warm water given as sips to get them back on feet and move on
school was shepards bush ADDISON SEC MODERN great school but some tough kids one look and this was spoken what are you looking at mate do you want a thick ear ,and so on but you soon new who was good who was shiftey and who rotten vic stay well

Kids with diabetes had to go into a home?

HI Ditto
yes indeed 40 kids in a home all go to schools in the area .
made up 20 boys 20 girls all from 7years to 16 years
all had problems , with being at home . some had no parents .
me my mum was in and out of mental homes (post natal and all that ) a kid that had to help a lot at home before all this so called diabetes .
was tough at first then you learn to stand up for yourself .
hence why i was called bucket i.e. from the country and the old school loos
i can talk about it now but for years did not
vic 60 years on insulin have a good day Ditto

thanks for your advice Northerner..
may try them , if no response from the site.
trouble is we are all getting older , did chase one line 3 years back but he had passed on still keep in touch, with one family who's son was a great pal of mine but died in rather a tragic way took insulin then got delayed taking food looking after some pigs , took dad s car had a COMA ended up in the river at KIMBOLTON . took police 12 hours before they found him .so that was that but i learnt from it
take care vic 50/60 medal man

Hi Victor & welcome. What year where you diagnosed ? I am a 1963 baby & diagnosed in 1966. Really good luck with your mission & I hope you get some good news 😉

Hi Victor & welcome. What year where you diagnosed ? I am a 1963 baby & diagnosed in 1966. Really good luck with your mission & I hope you get some good news 😉
thanks Hobie and Mike.
august 1957 in hospital jan 1958 out of hospital up to london hammersmith.
far cry from long melford suffolk age the 11 years old but soon made friends as every body , had some tales, but do you no what as kids i don t think we did .
had fights had pals some who dislike country folk but i qess we all got when you see kids going into comas in minutes and hw we all rallied round to get them back to life and to think 50/ 60 medal man me guess somebody has a guardian angle
take care regards vic
ps could tell you some great tales like the one when 20 boys go on strike ref washing up duties jam beds against the doors so wardens can get in till we get our way STUPID after an hour we give 3 of us get the cane , and with only pjs on that was tough but we learnt vic

Well well done for being T1 so long Victor. Gold badge from me ! Those "Pesky" wardens giving you & your mates the cane. Its good when you are young & daft. Old & daft now for me. 🙂 Good to here from you & keep posting Victor 😎

Thank you Hobie as to DATE not a thing did have a lead on one lad crigton emery from hackney but no luck think as i am 77 it is like looking for a needle in a haystack but .anyway you all keep well and safe vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back